GPIF 8 bit Slave FIFO Multichannel Error of CYU3P_PIB_ERR_THR0_SCK_INACTIVE and CYU3P_PIB_ERR_THR1_SCK_INACTIVE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ThM_3776866
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given Welcome!

Hi all,

I am working on Cypress fx3 GPIF 8 bit slave FIFO interface. Initially I am using single channel I got some data loss due to delay of buffer switching. After I am moved to multichannel (Multi socket Thread 0 and thread 1). In this condition I got correct data without data loss when my external Device (DEMOD) running at 25Mhz. But when my External device (DEMOD) switch to 56Mhz clock frequency I am losing Bulk data.  I am getting Error in CYU3P_GET_PIB_ERROR_TYPE(cbArg).

1. GPIF ERROR CB_ERROR :18    (means CYU3P_PIB_ERR_THR0_SCK_INACTIVE = 0x12 )

2. GPIF ERROR CB_ERROR :26    (means  CYU3P_PIB_ERR_THR1_SCK_INACTIVE = 0x1A)

I attached UART Error print and GPIF designer.

Note: 1.PCLK is external clock.

2. No flow control from cypress to DEMOD (due to streaming data from DEMOD)

Please do the needful.

multichannel error.PNGmultichannel GPIF.PNG

Thank You.

With Best Regards,

Thrimurthi M

0 Likes
1 Solution
ThM_3776866
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you for replay, i sloved problem.

The problem is in my state machine it was giving mirror state error. i sloved the problem now it is working.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Thrimurthi,

Instead of loading the counter again and again in PUSH_DATA_SCK0 & PUSH_DATA_SCK1 states, you can check "Reload counter on reaching limit". What is the size of DMA buffers?

Thanks & Regards
Abhinav

0 Likes
ThM_3776866
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks sir,

Size of buffer is 16Kb.

0 Likes

Hi Thrimurthi,

I suspect, you might be facing this issue because of Endpoint reset or DMA channel reset. Please check if you are getting any USB event reset callback. Also the following threads discusses the same problem. Kindly follow:

No Underrun/Overrun Error : 18

https://www.cypress.com/comment/346971

Thanks & Regards
Abhinav

0 Likes
ThM_3776866
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you for replay, i sloved problem.

The problem is in my state machine it was giving mirror state error. i sloved the problem now it is working.

0 Likes