FX3 spi mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

can i use UART_RTS,UART_CTS,GIPO[26],GIPO[27] as spi signals in FX3?

I have found example in the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxusbspigpiomode.can i implement the spi controller using this example and above gpios?

thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

I had understood your question wrongly.

CyU3PMemSet ((uint8_t *)&io_cfg, 0, sizeof(io_cfg));

io_cfg.isDQ32Bit = CyFalse;

io_cfg.s0Mode = CY_U3P_SPORT_INACTIVE;

io_cfg.s1Mode = CY_U3P_SPORT_INACTIVE;

io_cfg.useUart   = CyTrue;

io_cfg.useI2C    = CyFalse;

io_cfg.useI2S    = CyFalse;

io_cfg.useSpi    = CyFalse;

io_cfg.lppMode   = CY_U3P_IO_MATRIX_LPP_DEFAULT;

capture3.PNG

As per the reference above, UART_RTS and UART_CTS i.e GPIO[53], [54] alongwith GPIO[26],[27] can be used as software (bit banging) SPI signals.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hi,

GIPO[26],GIPO[27] can be used as SPI in the example you mentioned. But, we are not sure which GPIOs you mean when you mention UART_RTS and UART_CTS.

In the example that you are referring, UART is being used since io_cfg.useUart   = CyTrue; And since the GPIF Bus width in the example is not 32 bit (because io_cfg.isDQ32Bit = CyFalse;) the UART pins would be GPIO46, 47, 48 and 49. You cannot use any of these in that example.

By mentioning UART_RTS and UART_CTS in your question, if you mean GPIO53 and 54, then you can use them.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hello,

UART_RTS and UART_CTS are GPIO[46] and GPIO[47] respectively.why i cannot use these pins as gpio when UART is being used io_cfg.useUart   = CyTrue.

uart signals minimum requirement is uart TX ,RX and gnd.

by calling CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride API,I can use them as GPIO with uart.

let me know the reason?

thank you.

0 Likes

Hi,

As per the example you mentioned in the question, GPIO[46],[47],[48],[49] can be used for UART (io_cfg.useUart   = CyTrue). As per the UART requirement GPIO[48], [49] can be used as TX, RX respectively and GPIO[46], [47] can be used as GPIO if CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride API is called.

But the above mentioned GPIO's ( [46],[47],[48],[49]) cannot be used for implementation of SPI controller ( as per your previous question).

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hi,

As per the UART requirement GPIO[48], [49] can be used as TX, RX respectively and GPIO[46], [47] can be used as GPIO if CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride API is called.

->if GPIO[46], [47]  can be used as GPIO after CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride  API.Why cant use these two pins for implementation of SPI controller when GPIO[48], [49] can be used as TX, RX respectively.

But the above mentioned GPIO's ( [46],[47],[48],[49]) cannot be used for implementation of SPI controller ( as per your previous question).

->why?

thank you.

0 Likes

Hi,

I had understood your question wrongly.

CyU3PMemSet ((uint8_t *)&io_cfg, 0, sizeof(io_cfg));

io_cfg.isDQ32Bit = CyFalse;

io_cfg.s0Mode = CY_U3P_SPORT_INACTIVE;

io_cfg.s1Mode = CY_U3P_SPORT_INACTIVE;

io_cfg.useUart   = CyTrue;

io_cfg.useI2C    = CyFalse;

io_cfg.useI2S    = CyFalse;

io_cfg.useSpi    = CyFalse;

io_cfg.lppMode   = CY_U3P_IO_MATRIX_LPP_DEFAULT;

capture3.PNG

As per the reference above, UART_RTS and UART_CTS i.e GPIO[53], [54] alongwith GPIO[26],[27] can be used as software (bit banging) SPI signals.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi