Camera sensor SOF detection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on Figure 38. Final state machine diagram in AN75779, is it capable of detecting camera sensor SOF (Start Of Frame)?

Or it's required to add some new states? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

This can be done in the firmware, rather than the state machine. Use the DMA callback to ass your own data to the frames.

A DMA Callback that comes after a EOF (partial buffer) is transferred, corresponds to the arrival of the first buffer in the of the frame. In that first buffer, you can add your own data in the first line.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The start of frame in your camera is indicated by a Frame Valid signal right? If so, the figure 38 state machine diagram is sufficient.

If the SOF in your case is different, please explain the details.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My case is that I'd like to add some proprietary information in the 1st line of every frame, thus I'm wondering if it's possible to have a state to describe a transition in which FV transits from low to high AND LV transits from low to high?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This can be done in the firmware, rather than the state machine. Use the DMA callback to ass your own data to the frames.

A DMA Callback that comes after a EOF (partial buffer) is transferred, corresponds to the arrival of the first buffer in the of the frame. In that first buffer, you can add your own data in the first line.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

Anonymous
Not applicable

This approach works for me. Thanks Madhu.

0 Likes