CYUSB3014-BZXC pin D11 naming and function

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LiDe_4711696
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello:

We're using CYUSB3014-BZXC in our new project, but I'm confused with pin D11 naming and function. From datasheet and reference schematic design, D11 pin naming and function are all different:

1. Data sheet page15 Figure 6 shown D11 is NC pin;

2. Data sheet page18 shown D11 is GPIO pin and pin name is O[60], but this chip has total 60 GPIOs (0-59), if this pin is GPIO60, then total GPIOs are 61.

3. From 'SuperSpeed Explorer Kit Schematic' page 6 U2H block shown this pin name is I2C-GPIO60_CHARGER-DETECT.

Could you kindly shown me what pin naming and function exactly correct for this D11 pin?

One more question for VIO1 domain pins, except configured with GPIF II Interface and Slave FIFO Interface, all of these pins can be also be configured with normal GPIOs except L11 pin, is my understand correct?

Br. Li

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

No, D11 can be used as an Output pin only.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

As mentioned in the following thread, D11 is a General Purpose Output Pin.

Pinout inconsistency in datasheet for FX3 EX-USB (CYUSB301x)

Also, can you please elaborate your second question so that I can understand it better.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
LiDe_4711696
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello Jayakrishna:

My 2nd question means, you confirm D11 is GPIO[60], then the total GPIOs are from GPIO[0] to GPIO[60], total are 61 GPIOs, am I right?

Could you help also for the rest two questions?

- From 'SuperSpeed Explorer Kit Schematic' page 6 U2H block shown this pin name is I2C-GPIO60_CHARGER-DETECT.

So D11 can be set as GPIO output pin and also CHARGER-DETECT function?

-One more question for VIO1 domain pins, except configured with GPIF II Interface and Slave FIFO Interface, all of these pins can be also be configured with normal GPIOs except L11 pin, is my understand correct?

Br. Li

0 Likes

Hello,

Please find my comments below:

1. D11 is not a GPIO but it is a General Purpose Output Pin (it cannot be used as an input pin). So, totally there are only 60 GPIO pins for FX3. You can name this pin as O[60] as mentioned in the datasheet.

2. The charger detect function is not tested with FX3. So, it is also removed from the newer version of FX3 TRM. Please use this pin as an Output pin only.

3. The GPIO[0] to GPIO[59] of FX3 are multiplexed to perform different functions. You can use them as GPIOs if the alternate function is not used by calling the API CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride(). To understand more about this API, please refer to page 479 of the FX3 API guide. This document comes along with FX3 SDK and can be found in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

Hello Jayakrishna:

Seems I could install SDK at this moment, so is there any alternate function of D11 except naming it as O[60]?

Br. Li

0 Likes

Hello,

No, D11 can be used as an Output pin only.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

Hello Jayakrishna:

Thanks a lot for your great support!

Br.Li

0 Likes