CX3 EnterSuspendMode Status = 0x40, Wakeup reason = 0x0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NoLe_4131831
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

What's information EnterSuspendMode Status =  0x40, Wakeup reason = 0x0 in CX3 mean?

And is there any solution for this item?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please download the latest FX3 SDK in your PC from the following link:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

The latest version of FX3 SDK is 1.3.4. The following is a snapshot from the release notes of FX3 SDK 1.3.4.

pastedImage_1.png

This can be a reason why the API CyU3PSysEnterSuspendMode() fails in your PC as CyU3PSysCheckSuspendParams() is called inside CyU3PSysEnterSuspendMode().

After downloading the latest SDK, try building your project and check if you are seeing the same error again.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

The status 0x40 means CY_U3P_ERROR_BAD_ARGUMENT. Please let me know how you are calling the API CyU3PSysEnterSuspendMode() in your project to debug the issue further.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Just calling it like CX3 Configuration create in CyCx3UvcAppThread_Entry() function.

And this code  I work it on other computer is OK, but only my computer will have this issue, is there any setting in my computer wrong?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hello,

The API CyU3PSysEnterSuspendMode() is used to keep the device in suspend mode. Later the device can be woke up by using the wake up source used in the API as the first parameter. In your call, the first parameter is CY_U3P_SYS_USB_BUS_ACTVTY_WAKEUP_SRC which indicates VBUS Activity is the wake up source. This API returns CY_U3P_ERROR_BAD_ARGUMENT when CY_U3P_SYS_USB_BUS_ACTVTY_WAKEUP_SRC  is used as a wakeup source if the VBUS is not valid. This can be an issue with your PC as the code works in another PC.

If you have CX3 RDK (Denebola KIt) with you, then please try using the SDK example Cx3UVC0V5640 and test if you are able to see the same result on your PC. This example also uses the same wakeup source for the API CyU3PSysEnterSuspendMode(). I have tested this on my end and did not see any failures. Please let me know if you have anymore queries.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hello,

In addition to my previous response, Please answer my following questions:

1. Are you using a custom board?

2. Did you build the same project in a different PC (where the project worked fine) and test it. Or did you use the .img file generated by your PC(where the project did not work) and tested it using another PC (where the project worked fine)?

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Yes, I think it is my PC's issue, but I have no idea why and how to fix it.

Is there any way find out problem of my PC or how to fix it in your experience?

I didn't use custom board, but the same code and same board on other PC is work very good.

0 Likes

Hello,

From your previous response, I understand that you are not using your own custom board for testing. Please let me know if you are working with Denebola kit or not.

Also, please let me know if you are using any of the SDK example projects or is it your own firmware.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hello,

Please download the latest FX3 SDK in your PC from the following link:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

The latest version of FX3 SDK is 1.3.4. The following is a snapshot from the release notes of FX3 SDK 1.3.4.

pastedImage_1.png

This can be a reason why the API CyU3PSysEnterSuspendMode() fails in your PC as CyU3PSysCheckSuspendParams() is called inside CyU3PSysEnterSuspendMode().

After downloading the latest SDK, try building your project and check if you are seeing the same error again.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes