BULK IN transfer failed with Error Code:997

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm trying to implement slavefifo write on FX3, I still got errors as below, when I click "Transfer Data-In" button.

BULK IN transfer 

BULK IN transfer 

So does any one know how to solve this problem?

I've checked SLCS, SLWR, FLAGA, FLAGB, SLOE, PKT signals are all OK.

why can't  I get the data?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error Code:997 is a timeout error.

1) Have you  ensured that the data is present in the FX3 buffers? Is the external master sending data along with the control signals?  Check the amount of the data, is it less than one buffer or one Xferdata length? 

2) you can check how the GPIF states are changing, is it consistent with the control signal requirements? Please use the CyU3PGpifGetSMState to see this and use UART to print the states as debug messages. 

3) If you that the device stratifies the above requirements,then the next step will be to take a hardware protocol trace to analyze. 

However, I would suggest you to use the firmware provided with our SlaveFifo applciation note. It is well tested and expected to work. you can use it directly, or make slight modifications as per your requirements

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Error Code:997 is a timeout error.

1) Have you  ensured that the data is present in the FX3 buffers? Is the external master sending data along with the control signals?  Check the amount of the data, is it less than one buffer or one Xferdata length? 

----->How to check the amount of the data?  Especially, FlagA anf FlagB go to Hi from low when system ON, and I checked the SLWR is activating with period time. Can you guess any hint from here? also,  Would you let me know how to modify the buffer size on my side, and FX3 side?

2) you can check how the GPIF states are changing, is it consistent with the control signal requirements? Please use the CyU3PGpifGetSMState to see this and use UART to print the states as debug messages. 

---> In my KIT-003 does not have UART. is there any other way to verify?

3) If you that the device stratifies the above requirements,then the next step will be to take a hardware protocol trace to analyze. 

However, I would suggest you to use the firmware provided with our SlaveFifo applciation note. It is well tested and expected to work. you can use it directly, or make slight modifications as per your requirements

----> Got it,  but I have the same problem when I use your Slavefifo firmware code.

I have one more question about address bits, as I know in my case the address 2bits are always "00" right? If I wrong Please let me know.

0 Likes