unknown device display in device manager

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear sir,

When I connect my cy7c68013a board to PC, the device manager displayed "unknown device". 

The configuation of cy7c68013a is as  follows:

1.The cystal frequency is 24.5760Mhz, I use 22pf capactor connect to each pin of cystal.

2.wakeup pin is connected to 3.3V via 10k resistor

3.reset pin is connected to 3.3V with 10k resistor and with 10uf capacitor to GND。

4.reserved pin is connected GND with 10k resistor

5.SCL and SDA pulled up using 2.2k resistor

6.BKPT is connected to GND with 1k resistor and a led

7.EEPROM is not connected to cy7c68013a, I removed the jumper on SDA line.

I modified the cysub.inf and tried to load the cyusb.sys manually, but an err message showed up "指定的位置不包含有关硬件的信息".

please please help me~!

0 Likes
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please look at     the schematic review checklist.

Before going deeper, the first thing I would check is the crystal. It seems it does not meet the device specification.

What is the VID/PID shown in device manager (Right click -> properties -> details -> hardware id)?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

vid/pid shown in device manager is 0000/0000

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That means the device is not even enumerating properly. Modifying the inf file will not help. It is most probably a hardware issue. Please go through the schematic review checklist, that should help.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anand,

I hope that you can help me too.

My device is known to work perfectly at a common PC.

But attached to a laptop/notebook I observe the following behaviour:

At power up, the device can not be recognized and shows vid_0000&pid_0000 in the device manager. After a few moments the device can be perfectly recognized as soon as I unplug and re-plug the USB cable.

I figured a lack of power provided by the laptop internal USB Hub and used a powered ext. USB hub, but the situation remains.

Since I do not observe this issue on a normal PC (with the identical USB controller device) I aussume a kind of timing problem.

Do you have any idea how I can solve this, because daily replugging is not an option.

(If you want to ask for scematic, I can already answer, that I ca not easily support this, since it is somehow confidential. Important to me is the fact, that it never showed to be an issue on normal PC's.)

Thanks in advance!

Regards

KOP

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you got at least two problems:

1. The crystal MUST be a 24.000MHz crystal at fundamental mode, no 24.576MHz!

2. The reset circuit is wrong. 10uF results in a reset time which is much to long for usb bus powered designs. The device has to answer the host requests within 100ms after plug-in. Take a look into this: http://www.cypress.com/?rID=12959

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

3. Connect the reserved pin directly to GND for proper operation.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please follow the suggestions of Chris R.

Since confidentiality is a concern, if you are still not able to resolve the issue then please create a tech support case (MyAccount -> MyCases) so that one of our engineers can review your schematic.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris R. and Anand,

thanks already, I will chekc your proposals and let you know my findings.

Regards,

KOP

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anand and Chris,

I have a similar probelm.

I have the cy7c68013a-56lfxc on one of our eval board and it used to communicate as expected. We have several flavours of the eval board using the same IC. I changed the board I was using and when I came back to this board my computer cannot recognise the device any more. It cannot recognize it on any of our eval board for that matter. I see an unknown device in the control panel.

It gets recognised and works as expected on a different computer and I have prolems on only 1 computer. For the unrecognised device I see USB\VID_1057&PID_B000/7&1934B425&0&1. I tried using this VID&PID in the cyusb file, but it would not recognize the device.

Any direction to proceed would help.

Thanks,

Nevil

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nevil,

How does that PC differ from others in terms of OS and processor?

Prajith

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar problem, I am just using a USBFS as a CDC, the VID and PID are the default ones and I can not install any driver to my device. 

In device manager it appears as a unknown device and It says that the driver has already been installed or that it does not need it.

Regards,

Inma

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a problem I have CY7C68013A MINI BOARD and it appears as unknown devices the VID/PID is USB\VID_0925&PID_3881

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        device instance id USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\5&9FDEF27&0&2 my device does not recognised and install as unknown device pls help to install my device suddenlu   
0 Likes