about ezusb.sys on Windows7.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Recently,I want to use my CY7C68013A board on Win7 OS, but i found on Win7, it can not install ezusb.sys driver correctly,how can i do? Please give me some advice,thanks!   
0 Likes
22 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Recently,I want to use my CY7C68013A board on Win7 OS, but i found on Win7, it can not install ezusb.sys driver correctly,how can i do?Please give me some advice,thanks!   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a bit late responding but maybe someone else can use this:      

We are using the Cypress drivers on Windows 7 64 but there is a trick. During boot up using the F8 key you get to a screen similar to the XP safe mode screen. An added option is "suspend signed driver enforcement". You have to do this each time you boot up and pressing F8 late enough that you are past getting the option of selecting the boot drive but before Windows starts requires practice. Once we discovered this CyConsole and the rest of the examples work without issue.     

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ezusb.sys is not compatible with windows 7. It is not compatible with any of the 64-bit OSes. You will have to move to CyUSB.sys for win7 and 64-bit support.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

我用上述的方法操作,在xp下可以实现,但是在win7下不可以实现

请问您可以帮我想想办法么

非常感谢,

我的邮箱是kanghua1987@to.com

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello

i have done by your process in win7 ,but the computer said unkonw device.......

so can you give me some advice

thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

i have a EZ-USB FX2 on Windows 7 64 Bit.

I installed the USB Development tool:

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=34870

When i plug in my module with the FX2 windows says "unknown device"

please help!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you modified inf file for Windows 7 64bit? Document CyUSB.pdf in C:\Cypress\Cypress Suite USB 3.4.7\Driver describes how to modify inf file for different OS, go through it.  What is the VID/PID being displayed in Devicemanager?

Thanks

Prajith

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

USB\VID_04B4Q&PID_8613&REV_:001

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

here are the .inf and .sys files I want to install. See the attached zip file.

When i right click on the inf file to install, windows gives me a notification: "installation method not supported"

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gayathi,

We are currently working on Ez USB Fx2 Development board.We followed all the steps as you mentioned.Error code 10,Unknown device.with Windows 7 OS Intel i5 cognfiguration i am using.

Please suggest how to resolve this problem.We really require support on this issue.

Thanks,

Govinda

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi? I use http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo to debug and reprogramm firmware unde Windows 7 64 bit

best regards

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Akop,

I really appreciate you for sharing this information here.

Regards

Prajith  9 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I would really appreciate any input that proves to be useful I am trying to install a Laser engraver for my brother never have I come across an issue ever installing anything but  I get EZ-USB FX2 under other devices and seems there is no driver anywhere for this their own cd and instructions contradict themselves. He has a Win7 64bit  I see you post  a Cypress program but what I am still confused is how do I get the driver or find it  is there an INF already in there somewhere that I am just not seeing that has the needed information to enable the install please help. Thank you my email if easier is Csi_corp@hotmail.com thank you guys once again     

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reaperwolf

If you have EZ-USB FX2 kit, the CD provided along with it will have ezusb.sys, if I am not worng. ezusb.sys is not compatible with win7 64 bit OS as people have been saying in this thread. You will have to upgrade to cyusb.sys

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I believe you are trying to use LAser engraver and as you plug in it shows up as FX2 in device manager. What is the VID/PID with which it comes up? I believe you may have to contact the vendor itself to get the right driver for this product, since it is not necessary that the have designed it to work with CyUSB.sys. What doe sthe instruction manual of the product say regarding the driver for this product. Neverthless you can give it a try binding to CyUSB.sys and see if it works in case they are just using a renamed version of this driver.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

win7 x64

After the kit contents are installed, browse to the location: Install_root_directory\CY3684_EZ-USB_FX2LP_DVK\1.0\Drivers\cyusbfx1_fx2lp

useful  :~)

0 Likes
ivpe_333206
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

There are legacy devices with abandoned software built for ezusb.sys not working in x64 OSes (we have one old FX1-based logic analyzer and one AN2131-based CNC mill controller here). Why don't build ezusb.sys for x64?

I've just tried compiling it with Windows 7 WDK - after some minor fixes (a few SIZE_T<->ULONG conversion warnings, one struct size change workaround in GET_PIPE_INFO ioctl) the binary works fine in Windows 8.1 x64 now. Should I upload the results somewhere?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes please. I'd like to have it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have serious trouble installing the driver for my OS. (Win7/32)

The unknown listed device : USB\VID_04B4&PID_8613&REV_:001

I have attached the edited .inf file.

;for x86 platforms

[Device.NTx86]

;Cypress EZ-USB FX2LP default VID/PID & MOBL-USB FX2LP18 Connect Mode(LP18_dvk.iic)

;%VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX.DeviceDesc%=CyUsb, USB\VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX

%VID_04B4&PID_8613&REV_:001.DeviceDesc%=CyUsb, USB\VID_04B4&PID_8613&REV_:001

Any help would be welcomed.

Equinox

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to instllation drivers of cy7c68013a mini board. Unable to successfull installation.  root directory C:\Cypress\USB\CY3684_EZ-USB_FX2LP_DVK\1.1\Drivers\cyusbfx1_fx2lp\wlh-win7\x64.  not installed . Cy3684 drivers are useful for cy7c68013a?  

I also tried with EZ-USB FX3 sdk.  it is also unable to detect.  any help?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also love to see a 64 bit compatible ezusb.sys as the current chip I'm using isn't supported by cyUSB.sys

0 Likes
ivpe_333206
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Here is my build, including the modified sources: GitHub - flowswitch/cypress-ezusb-x64: An x64 build of Cypress EzUSB driver