VB6 example for cyusb.sys

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, We have hardware that uses AN2131QC EZ-USB. We had a VB6 program that opened a handle to ezusb.sys driver using CreateFile method. In order to make our product available to 64bit machines I installed cyusb.sys, but that does not work with our vb6 code written for ezusb. Could I know what filename to use in the CreateFile method for cyusb.sys (it was ezusb-0 with ezusb.sys)? I would also appreciate it if someone could provide me with the VB6 example to do bulk transfers using cyusb.sys. Thanks, Yash   
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Yash

We appreciate you upgrading to cyusb.sys, but we would recommend you to upgrade to cyusb3.sys which comes with Superspeed Suite/ FX3 SDK.

After you install FX3 SDK, do the following:

StartMenu-> All programs->Cypress->Cypress USB Suite->Help->Programmers Reference Driver

You will find 'EZUSB.sys to CyUSB3.sys migration Guide'.

It might be helpful to you.

Regarding the VB6 bulk-loop example, I will let somebody else answer it. I am not too sure about this.

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can download Superspeed Suite USB for windows from the following link: http://www.cypress.com/?rID=57990

You will CYUSB3.sys in the drivers folder after you install the Superspeed Suite.

Thanks

Nikhil

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We are developing an AN showing an example for VB in VS 2010 using CyUSB.dll. That should be up by end of this month. If you are in search of an example sooner, please create a tech support case with Cypress so that we can share the same with you.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
ScEn_283436
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted
        I would be very interested in the VB VS 2010 AN. Is it available now? Thanks, Nick   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

Yes it is available now. Please see http://www.cypress.com/?rID=53165.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes