I want to use external SRAM for cy7c68013a-128pin(fx2).

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to use external SRAM for cy7c68013a-128pin(fx2).

Because firmware larger than the internal memory of EZ-USB.(internal memory 16k, my firmware size 21k)

How to connect PSEN, RD, WR, CS, OE, EA. and build option.

( I used SRAM CY7C199D-10ZXI.)

my build option

.\hex2bix -i -e -m 0x2000 -f 0xC2 -o filename.iic filename.hex

what is probrom?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Yes, you are right. If you want to load into the external SRAM from the EEPROM, use the following command to generate the .iic file-

hex2bix -i -f 0xC2 -e -m 0x8000 -o filename.iic filename.hex

You can also check the following KBA-

Boot load from EEPROM with a firmware larger than the internal memory of EZ-USB (AN21xx/FX/FX1/FX2/F...

Regarding the GAL program, please refer to the User Guide at the following path- C:\Cypress\USB\CY3684_EZ-USB_FX2LP_DVK\1.1\Documentation\EZ-USB(R) Development Kit User Guide.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sananya_14

Hello,

- Please refer to the Application Note EZ USB FX1/FX2LP Boot options at http://www.cypress.com/file/43391/download

-How are you loading the firmware into the external SRAM? Do you get any errors while running the hex2bix utility?

Best Regards

Sananya

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already refer to the Application Note.

But I don't know my mistake.

I am downloading firmware to EEPROM. It is EEPROM first byte 0XC2. and It is changed to iic file  to useing hex2bix.

I don't know how can I download firmware to the external SRAM. I think -E option of hex2bix is having boot loader. so I think boot loader is loading the firmware.

Isn't it?

I want to know run of CPLD(GAL22LV10C-7LJ in CY3684kit. How Can I get program or program run sequence?

Thank you

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hello,

Yes, you are right. If you want to load into the external SRAM from the EEPROM, use the following command to generate the .iic file-

hex2bix -i -f 0xC2 -e -m 0x8000 -o filename.iic filename.hex

You can also check the following KBA-

Boot load from EEPROM with a firmware larger than the internal memory of EZ-USB (AN21xx/FX/FX1/FX2/F...

Regarding the GAL program, please refer to the User Guide at the following path- C:\Cypress\USB\CY3684_EZ-USB_FX2LP_DVK\1.1\Documentation\EZ-USB(R) Development Kit User Guide.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes