EZUSB to CYUSB, no devices show up

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I have an existing product on a custom board that uses the "CYPRESS EZ-USB AN2131QC 0230 ENY3506" chip, and some software that uses data from the board. Previously, we used ezusb.sys, but in order to use it on 64-bit Windows 7, I'm trying to use cyusb.sys. I've taken the following steps: - I downloaded Cypress Suite USB 3.4.7 - I modified the .inf file in Driver\bin\wlh\x64 with the VID & PID that the product used with the older driver (I attached the file). I didn't change the guids because the previous inf file (for ezusb) didn't have them. - I used the instructions below to disable driver signature enforcement on my workstation. A message in the corner of my screen says "Test Mode / Windows 7 / Build 7601". http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-install-use-unsigned-drivers-in-windows-vista-7-x64.... - I plugged my device into a USB port - In Device Manager, I selected the entry with a yellow exclamation mark, and browsed to the location of the .inf file I modified. - This seems to work. Under Device status, it says "This device is working properly". When I unplug the USB cable, the entry disappears from Device Manager, and when I plug it back in, it restores the entry "MassLoad LCIB LoadCell (cyusb 3.4.7)". (It also says "Not digitally signed", but I think that should be okay). My problem is that none of the software that uses the device, which worked fine on Windows XP, recognizes that the device is plugged in. I have multiple programs (binary executables) for using, calibrating, and managing the devices, and they all insist that there's no device connected. Is cyusb meant to be a transparent, drop-in replacement for ezusb, or do I have the wrong idea? Will I need to rewrite parts of my programs, and if so, is there a guide or tutorial on the differences between using ezusb and cyusb? Am I supposed to see a service running? I'm not sure, but I sort of expected to see "Cypress Generic USB Driver" in Windows Task Manager under the Services tab, and there's nothing there. Thanks in advance for your help.   
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        HI Instead of the steps given in the link you mentioned, can you just do "F8 during boot" and check if your device is showing up in the host applications. Mostly the device is not visible in the applications because the signature enforcement has not been disabled.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        "F8 during boot and choose Disable Driver signature enforcement"   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I tried that as well, but it doesn't seem to help. When I run bcdedit.exe with no arguments, I see loadoptions -> DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and testsigning -> Yes, so I think that's working properly. My driver shows up in the Device manager, too. It's just that none of the applications detect the device.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        My question is, should I expect old programs to work just by changing from the EZUSB driver to the CYUSB driver, or do I have to rewrite those programs?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I found the answer to my question here: http://www.cypress.com/?id=4&rID=32538 Yes, I will have to rewrite my applications.   
0 Likes