CY7C65642 28QFPN package. Without eeprom how port selection will happen

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I need to understand with CY7C65642 28QFPN  if i want to avoid using EEPROM, how system will behave. What is the default values it take. As per flow chart its mentioned default value, but did not get what it is. Will device route the data between host and device?

Thank you,

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Arun KS,

By default, the hub has got its configurations in an internal ROM. An EEPROM can optionally be added externally in case there is a need to modify certain parameters such as VID/PID, number of removable ports, etc. The hub IC has got its entire firmware in itself and hence the data routing between host and device occurs without the presence of EEPROM too.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Arun KS,

By default, the hub has got its configurations in an internal ROM. An EEPROM can optionally be added externally in case there is a need to modify certain parameters such as VID/PID, number of removable ports, etc. The hub IC has got its entire firmware in itself and hence the data routing between host and device occurs without the presence of EEPROM too.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

With my customized design CY7C65642  pin 12,13,15,16 is mapped for USB device and pin 1,2 is used as output.

I am not having eeprom connected to hub, with this setting i am not able to see device is getting enumerated from host.

Pl let me know what will be default port selection with internal ROm setting,I do not want to change PID/VID, always ports are fixed.

With default values will all input port is enabled or any not.

I can share schematic please let me know your mail id.

Thank you,

Arun  

0 Likes

Hello Arun KS,

- Kindly, let me know if the hub is getting enumerated on the PC host. The device manager should display the hub under the 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' section. Please share the screenshot of device manager if possible.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

Host is not enumerating the 2.0 Hub.

0 Likes

Hello Arun KS,

Please share the schematics to srnt@cypress.com

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Srinath,

We observed that, after grounding Pin 27  i.e Test I2C_SCL, host pops device not recognized  message. Need to understand how SCL line has to configured if we want to hook with EEPROM?

or in other way with this 28 pin package if we do not have EEPROM, what will be the setting of this line?

As per data sheet

2C_SCL        27 I(RDN) I/O(RDN) Test. 0: Normal Operation and 1: Chip will be put in test mode.

I2C_SCL. can be used as I2C clock pin to access I2C EEPROM.

0 Likes

Hello Arun,

- When the device needs to be connected to an EEPROM, leave the SCL pin floating and pull the SDA line HIGH. When the EEPROM is connected, the SDA/PWR pin acts as I2C SDA pin and not as the power enable. When the EEPROM is present, if the TEST/I2C_SCL pin is pulled LOW, the master will not be able to drive the clock on the pin and hence the descriptor query fails.

- When no EEPROM is to be connected, SDA/PWR pin acts as power enable pin and the SCL pin can be pulled LOW.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes