CY3663 - One port only?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will the Cy3663 firmware allow me to use 2 USB ports for two memsticks plugged in at the same time?

If the firmware would need to modified, would it be difficult?  Would a 2nd FAT instance be required?  Would there be enough space for the redundant code  (if not then what is the point of having extra ports that are essentually unusable in practice?)

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes its possible, please download and install mass storage reference design http://www.cypress.com/?rID=14383. You can use C:\Cypress\USB\OTG-Host\Source\stand-alone\msc for your application.

Thanks

Prajith

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This project (CY4640) appears to only include stand-alone code. 

So, I assume that I am on my own to figure out how to integrate the coprocessor code in 3663 with the multi-port USB functionality in 4640 to have an SPI USB slave controller.  Correct? 

And the 3663 reference board is not available so I would need to build my own prototype in order to attempt this.  Correct?

These are details that are probably obvious to you but until one actually attempts the build they are not so obvious 🙂

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can use it in coprocessor mode also, you can find the code in C:\Cypress\USB\OTG-Host\Source\stand-alone\sbc. CY4640 board is also not available.

Thanks

Prajith

0 Likes