i would like to develop hardware which requires pen drive to be detected through USB controller (Host) and data should be read from the pen drive. Reveived data will be interface with other micro controller (PSOC3/PSOC5) either through serial interface (

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mrdh_1212961
Level 1
Level 1

i would like to develop  hardware which requires pen drive to be detected through USB controller (Host) and data should be read from the pen drive. Reveived data will be interface with other micro controller (PSOC3/PSOC5) either through serial interface (SPI/I2C) or through parallel port. Request to suggest appropriate usb controller for this application.I would also request for sample programs and development kit part number for my reference,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Kindly attach a block diagram of your implementation for our reference. If you require a USB host controller, you could use EZ-USB FX3 which can act as a USB 2.0 host controller as well. You can connect the pendrive to the USB port and use the SPI/I2C interface in master mode to connect to PSOC 3/5.Please refer to the FX3 SDK which includes MSC host firmware at <install directory>\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxusbhost\cyfxmscdrv.c and the Programmers Manual which explains the firmware example at <install directory>\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware\FX3_Programmers_Manual.pdf.

Best Regards,
Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Kindly attach a block diagram of your implementation for our reference. If you require a USB host controller, you could use EZ-USB FX3 which can act as a USB 2.0 host controller as well. You can connect the pendrive to the USB port and use the SPI/I2C interface in master mode to connect to PSOC 3/5.Please refer to the FX3 SDK which includes MSC host firmware at <install directory>\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxusbhost\cyfxmscdrv.c and the Programmers Manual which explains the firmware example at <install directory>\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware\FX3_Programmers_Manual.pdf.

Best Regards,
Sananya

0 Likes