Cypress Sl811hst usb host/slave controller + fpga altera cyclone

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, I am trying to interface a Cypress sl811hst-axc usb host / slave controller with an Altera Cyclone I FPGA, the cyperss chip isn't responding to my signals, I've tried to write an 8bit data to a random address of the chip by driving the controls lines, corresponding to the timing diagram provided with the chip datasheet, and then read at the same address, but with no success, when I try to read a data by putting the output in a high impedence state "Z", I get the address that I've put on the 8 bit lines, so the cypress is not responding to my commands so if anyone is interested, or had a similar problem, give me your ideas or any thought about a possible solution thanks !!   
0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, Please provide more information on which memory address you're writing to. When you operate SL811 as a USB device transceiver it is just a fixed function chip with buffers and registers to control the buffer. so I'm a little confused by the write and read operation that you're talking about. Have you tried reading one of the register addresses first for default startup values to make sure your read waveforms are good? Regards, Anand   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi, Please provide more information on which memory address you're writing to. When you operate SL811 as a USB device transceiver it is just a fixed function chip with buffers and registers to control the buffer. so I'm a little confused by the write and read operation that you're talking about. Have you tried reading one of the register addresses first for default startup values to make sure your read waveforms are good? Regards, Anand   
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
        hi, thank you for your quick answer, i've attached my project files t othe message so you can have more information, i have to precise that I am sort of trying to interact with the chip as if it was a simple 256 bytes memory, I don't even plug a USB drive to it, just doing a basic operation of writing to a memory address and reading back what is stored there, I choose the memro location and the value I want to write with a combination of switch, then I read at the same location and display it in LEDs thank you for your interest to my issue !   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        here is, the low level entity, that interface directly with the chip   
0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable
        here is, the low level entity, that interface directly with the chip sorry for the repeating ( I've tried to attach a .vhdl file )   
0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable
        and here is the block for doing basic operation with switch and LEDs   
0 Likes