Source Cap changes after first connection (3123)

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
malec_3333131
Level 1
Level 1

My project is based on the CYPD3123 CTD reference design, However we are not implemented the DS type C connector instead we are powered off of a DC source.  It is more of a docking station design.  I have updated the Configuration of the 3123 via the configuration tool for it to be source default role, with 5V3A PDO, and the first connection looks correct to me, however the second and every one after is not.  After the first connection the Source Cap is no long advertised as 5V3A, it is changed to 5V1.2A.  I've attached a capture from the EZ-PD analyzer for reference.  Is this a by product of not being able to communicate with the 2122 device?  Is there ayway to correct this without making this a software project?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Matt,

Could you please kindly try to test the firmware in the blog and let me know the results? I have tested on my end with update SOURCE PDO to 5V/3A only. It is working.

CCG3 DRP Porting from CTD US

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

May I know is there any changes on firmware of CYPD3123 on your end? From the capture you have attached, the SL#21 is after 5s, Is it there any detach or attach action?

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi lisz,

I Used the configuration tool to change the preferred role to Source, and change the source PDO to 5V3A.

Yes, What I'm saying is if I detach the device and then re-attach it, the advertised PDO is different (5V1.2A) the 2nd and every subsequent attachment, but it shouldn't be.  It should always advertise 5V3A, since that is what I configured it as with the utility, at least that is my current understanding.

0 Likes

Hi Matt,

Could you please kindly try to test the firmware in the blog and let me know the results? I have tested on my end with update SOURCE PDO to 5V/3A only. It is working.

CCG3 DRP Porting from CTD US

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

I have tested the example from that post.  It does not Change the PDOs but I can not use this example because for some reason it does not ever detect the USB hub when I use that code. It appears to do the DR_swap, but the HUB hub never gets detected by the Tablet.

Can you point me to where in the CTD it tries to talk to the 2122, so I could potentially hard code values?

0 Likes

Or can you help me understand why the Code from that "porting from CTD US" is not letting the USB hub be seen?

0 Likes

Hi ,

1. The Blog is explain the way remove CCG2 parts. If you want recovery back, please comment out DISABLE_CTD_US.

The CCG2 relates functions in file ctd_us_solution.c.

2. May I take a look your hardware schematic?

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes