CYPD3171 Sink - Soft Reset

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JeGr_4019896
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hello,

I have a custom power bank circuit that is using a CYPD3171 chip. When using an Apple PD supply of any wattage, there is a soft reset message that occurs on the CC log. This happens after the source sends Discover Identity. It appears that the sink is not responding to this message and the source times out and resets. This does not occur with other brand PD supplies. I am using the CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb_3_3_0_1882_0_0_0_pb.hex file if this helps. I have attached a screenshot of my CC log.

Thanks,

Jeremy

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi Jeremy,

According to the PD 3.0 Spec, if the source times out, Policy Engine Shall inform the Device Policy Manager of the timeout and the Policy Engine Shall transition to either the PE_SRC_Ready or PE_SNK_Ready state. It seems to be caused by the firmware of Apple PD supply. Maybe you could try to upgrade its firmware.

Regards,
Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YiZ_31
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi Jeremy,

According to the PD 3.0 Spec, if the source times out, Policy Engine Shall inform the Device Policy Manager of the timeout and the Policy Engine Shall transition to either the PE_SRC_Ready or PE_SNK_Ready state. It seems to be caused by the firmware of Apple PD supply. Maybe you could try to upgrade its firmware.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes