CY4533 vout not changging when change SW1 switch position

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Geromino
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Following setps was testing :

1. BCR connect to Type C adapter and DC out connected two in series  100w5R

When changing sw1 the  dc out doesn't change

2. BCR connect to CY4532 evk (main board type c connector) with PB application

DC out connected two in series  100w5R

Also not change in mesurment v and a. Via  PB application add uart and request v and a

Voltage = pd_hal_measure_vbus(0);

Current = pd_hal_measure_vbus_cur(0);

I terminal on PC I see only voltage 5  and current is zero  although I change the sw1 and we have load

Q:  do I need update fw of BCR

Q: what I need to do in order to see changes on DCout onBCR board

Q: do I need change registers or any other changes on  EZ-PD™ BCR HPI Utility

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Thanks for the update. While running the noboot project in Debug mode, please ensure that the CCG_TYPE_A_PORT_ENABLE macro is disabled in stack_params.h and you have disabled the TypeA page in the schematic. Please go to the System tab in your DWR file and check if the Debug Select is set to SWD.

If you are using the CY4532 EVK, kindly check if jumpers J6, J7, J9 on the power board are open i.e. SWD lines are free for debugging.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Sananya_14

Hello,

1. For this case, please ensure that your load doesnt require more than the maximum power provided by the adapter. Do you see the the Fault LED turning on when changing the switch?

2. When you connect CCG3PA, please program it with the CLA firmware since BCR will be acting as the power sink. Please also configure the source PDOs to be compatible with the BCR sink PDOs. Please try without the load connected first to check the provided power and then connect the load once it meets the requirement.

Please try the above and let us know if you can see DC out and a successful PD contract. You could use the HPI specification for any additional configuration using an I2C master after you are able to see standalone configuration of the kit working.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
lock attach

please verifying  several issues :

1)  https://www.cypress.com/file/363381/download  in DS  i dint find CCG3PA based Car Charger (CLA) Diagram   if it possible to get one ?

2)  my task is  simple  get  current info  about  Voltage  and Current  which request  by device to be charge  i  want plug in to port c   diffrent cables type c which request diffrent volatge  and current   and print via UART   therefor i need connect BCR  in order  change voltage  with SW1  swich ( 1-5v 2-9v 3- 12v 4- 15v 5-20v ) accordenly  if there any load for example

SW1 on 3  meaning 12v   and  5R   and current wil be 1.2 A so when i call  to   in    app task  or in while (1)

Voltage = pd_hal_measure_vbus(0);

Current = pd_hal_measure_vbus_cur(0); 

i need  see  this values  but i dont see  i only see 5v  and current 0 a

this   request :

const    dpm_status_t *dpm_stat = dpm_get_info(0);

if(dpm_stat -> contract_exist == true)

{

voltage = dpm_stat->contract.max_volt / 100;

current = dpm_stat->contract.cur_pwr / 5;

}

give also voltage =0v and current 0 A 

i do not understand  the different between  app_status_t   and  dpm_status_t  ?

attached PDOs configuration  i dont understand  how config BCR PDOs    that  will match ?

0 Likes
lock attach

EZ-PD™ CCG3PA Evaluation Kit Guide.pdf

according  above document  i will elaborate  next setup

1. 5.1 Power Adapter (PA) Demo

4.1 Programming the CCG3PA Controller on the CY4532 EVK  with CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla_3_4_0_2274_0_0_0_pa.cyacd  file

EZ-PD™ Barrel Connector Replacement (BCR) Evaluation Kit  connect to EZ-PD™ CCG3PA Evaluation Kit  by  USB Type C to USB Type C 5V/3A

When i change SW1 Switch Position on BCR  1 to 5  ( evrey changr i plugout and plugin the usb tye c cable)  and measure  with DVM the DC_OUT    i see only 9V  expected  to see 5v, 9v 12v 15v 20v

Q:  what i need to do inorder see this behavior ?

note  during running the setup above   TP14  after measuring  with DVM  show 0v ?

see  attached image ( describe the setup ) 

next setup the same   bat the different  by   changing  the  example  file to  nobbot.hex project  from sdk example   CCG3PA Car Charger (CLA)  with no channging the source code  only build project   and  update fw  with miniprog3 PSoC Programmer  3.28.7.4504  i see  the sam ephenomena as above

please advice  it basic setup of cypress tools  

0 Likes
lock attach
Sananya_14

Hello,

1. You could refer to the Power Adapter application diagram in the datasheet (Figure 😎 which is similar to the CLA application. Please refer to the CY4532 kit schematics for accurate block diagram as per the firmware.

2. Could you please let me know where you are checking for the dpm_stat voltage and current values? Is it in app_task()?

The dpm_status_t structure holds all of the configuration of the PD stack for the port while app_status_t contains information required by the application layer. So, app_status_t is used in the DPM handlers (for e.g. psrc_set_voltage, psrc_set_current) that are returned by the PD stack using the app_cbk_t structure.

3. Please ensure that the CCG3PA source PDOs support 12V, 15V and 20V to have a PD contract with BCR when changing the switch position.

Kindly add the PDOs for 12V/15V/20V as shown in the attached figure into the CLA project configuration file and test the same.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
lock attach

1.  ok

2. see attched  txt files   with two options   additional options is   if it possible add custom function to const app_cbk_t app_callback  ?

3.see  attached  doc  with result of experiment  and additional questions

additional questions   regard  EZ-PD™ Configuration Utility   and source PDO  and custom FW   which the base is SDK example of cla project

Q:   what is the maximum source PDO types?

Q: Does SDK provides API ability change dynamically source PDO voltage value? 

Q: after update custom FW via EZ-PD™ Configuration Utility I could not connect again and read configuration of source PDO could I read or set new one via API

Q:  in power SDK documentation section 6.3.7.6 Change the Source Capabilities it is compatible to EZ-PD™ Configuration Utility configuration?

Q: We able to measurement Voltage on DOUT of BCR EVK accordantly to SW switch position except position number5 because in EZ-PD™ Configuration Utility   we have only source PDO 4  types

0 Likes
lock attach
Sananya_14

Hello,

1. I would recommend using the second method as it doesnt cause any delays in the while loop execution in main. Please test the attached code for the second method and see if you are able to get the required voltage and current levels.

-The EZ-Configuration Utility allows a maximum of 7 PDOs.

-Yes, you can use the API dpm_src_cap_update() and dpm_update_src_cap_mask() to dynamically update the PDOs.

-Please let us know how you updated the PDOs? Did you save them in the firmware file from the utility or build a new .hex file using the modified config.c file?

-The Power SDK Documentation allows you to dynamically update the PDOs in runtime from the application firmware while the EZ-PD Configuration Utility generates a configuration that initializes the device as per the configuration.

-I think you should be able to add another PDO in the Configuration Utility for 20V since you currently have 4 Source PDO nodes.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

2.  EZ PD configuration utility generate c file which contaion the lgtable I copyit to config.cin my code

I didnt understand how add addtional  PDO in GUI of EZ PD configuration utility  could guide Meir screenshot of how to to it?

dynamically update the PDOs values not list?

If I generate lg config table from utility and then copy table to config.c

There is a way build this PDOs list  i(create new source pdo ) durnning running fe or init after main function?

Q : if it possible add custom function to const app_cbk_t app_callback  ?

0 Likes
lock attach
Sananya_14

Hello,

Please refer to the attached screenshot for adding a PDO.

You could update the PDOs in the main function, please refer to the thread- Re: Active Power Identification with Multiple PDOs

You could customize the function definitions that are already added as per the function names in the structure.

Please let me know if you tried noboot in debug mode? I was able to check the values in the dpm_stat as well as the variables you added when I added a breakpoint after the line in APP_EVT_PD_CONTRACT_NEGOTIATION_COMPLETE case.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

first of  all thanks for patience and elaborate  info

yes  i succsses  using APP_EVT_PD_CONTRACT_NEGOTIATION_COMPLETE   each time if was change on the request  i print via  UART

in order  run nobbot project  and use SWD interface  run time debbuging  in car charger example sdk  pin 7,8  are in use PWM_OUT_A and TYPE_A_VBUS_EN  when i dissable dis pin the example not working   i dont understand the dependency between type a and typec   i am currently want work only  type c 

debug run time ability

0 Likes
Sananya_14

Hello,

Thanks for the update. While running the noboot project in Debug mode, please ensure that the CCG_TYPE_A_PORT_ENABLE macro is disabled in stack_params.h and you have disabled the TypeA page in the schematic. Please go to the System tab in your DWR file and check if the Debug Select is set to SWD.

If you are using the CY4532 EVK, kindly check if jumpers J6, J7, J9 on the power board are open i.e. SWD lines are free for debugging.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Bootable project work fine  I measurment in dout volt and current  but

Noboot project does not work any ideas? Do I need update config.c glconfigtable in both projects?

0 Likes