Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community currently doesn’t allow sign-in to prepare for the upcoming transition. To learn more, check out our announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB EZ-PD Type-C

Geromino
Contributor II

the project is noboot  project in order to debug

i want  to blink led  so  i so in config.h APP_FW_LED_ENABLE   in scheme i didnt see any led except LED1 power led

what is the meaning of this APP_FW_LED_ENABLE     what pin is toggle ?

do i need connect led to the INTERFACE CONNECTOR ? 

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
YiZ_31

Hi,

APP_FW_LED_ENABLE is a marco for blinking LED to indicate whether the firmware is running.

As you can see, APP_FW_LED_ENABLE is not enabled in the firmware by default. You should have a customed board which use a GPIO to drive a LED to use this function. Then you can enable APP_FW_LED_ENABLE and set FW_LED_GPIO_PORT_PIN to the correct pin. As I have said, CY4532 do not have this feature.

Regards,

Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YiZ_31

Hi,

Please check the pin assignment in PSoC Creator and schematic of the CY4532.

CY4532 do not have this function.

Regards,
Eddie

0 Likes
Geromino
Contributor II

i will rephrase the question

setup :

HW :  CY4532 EZ-PD CCG3PA EVL  ( MAIN+POWER borads) - link https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy4532-ez-pd-ccg3pa-evaluation-kit

FW : .EZ-PD CCGx Power Software Development Kit - link https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-ccgx-power-software-development-kit

the sdk have  project example  i choose C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-PD CCGx Power SDK\CCGx\Firmware\projects\CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb\CYPD3171-24LQXQ_pb.cydsn project

config.h include define #define APP_FW_LED_ENABLE 

main.c the function led_timer_cb  toggle FW_LED_GPIO_PORT_PIN 

pastedImage_6.png

in the image  you see that GPIO_PORT_2_PIN_0   define as DIR_CTRL_C

pastedImage_7.png

in scheme of  main  and power board   the only LED  is LED1  which jumper J14 control   

so what is the meaning of this option APP_FW_LED_ENABLE   in config.h  file  ?

0 Likes
YiZ_31

Hi,

APP_FW_LED_ENABLE is a marco for blinking LED to indicate whether the firmware is running.

As you can see, APP_FW_LED_ENABLE is not enabled in the firmware by default. You should have a customed board which use a GPIO to drive a LED to use this function. Then you can enable APP_FW_LED_ENABLE and set FW_LED_GPIO_PORT_PIN to the correct pin. As I have said, CY4532 do not have this feature.

Regards,

Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Likes