CCG3PA is not responding with GoodCRC when Requested Voltage is 3.3V APDO

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PrM_1403381
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given Welcome!

Hi,

I am using CCG3PA in my design, I have made some changes to send request messages to custom PDO's, I am able to send the request messages using available API's in CCG3PA API guide. When I send a request to APDO 3.3 Volts Request sending is proper. But After receiving PS_RDY from DUT(Source), CCG3PA is not responding for PS_RDY message. When I request for APDO 3.8 Volts CCG3PA is responding for PS_RDY message.

PDC_Fail_3_3Volts.png

I have attached, CC line Sniffer capture also. To open the file please download the software (GRL USB Type-C™ Power Delivery Performance Analyzer (GRL-USB-PD-A1)) from link : https://graniteriverlabs.com/download-center/

It looks CCG3PA will not respond when Vbus Voltage goes below 3.7 Volts, If yes, How to handle APDO request voltage 3.3Volts in CCG3PA ?

Please, Let me know if any inputs needed.

Thanks & Regards

Prasanna

0 Likes
1 Solution
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi Prasanna,

There is no high level code change that can solve this problem. The PD stack needs to be modified to support APDO sink which is a heavy change and therefore will not be carried out in the near future. Some of the workarounds proposed also do not seem to be working. I request you to contact our sales team to get more support on the PD stack modification.

Regards,

Rajath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
RajathB_01

Hi Prasanna,

Please re-attach the CC capture file that can be opened in your software.

I will take a look.

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes

Hi Rajath,

Please find the attached CC line capture.

To open the file please download the software (GRL USB Type-C™ Power Delivery Performance Analyzer (GRL-USB-PD-A1)) from link : https://graniteriverlabs.com/download-center/

If any inputs needed please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasanna

0 Likes

Hi Rajath,

Were you able to open CC line capture file ? Need any inputs ?

Thanks & Regards

Prasanna

0 Likes

Hi Rajath,

Any update on this ?

Thanks & Regards

Prasanna

0 Likes

Hi Rajath,

Any update on this ?

Thanks & Regards

Prasanna

0 Likes
RajathB_01

Hi Prasanna,

There is no high level code change that can solve this problem. The PD stack needs to be modified to support APDO sink which is a heavy change and therefore will not be carried out in the near future. Some of the workarounds proposed also do not seem to be working. I request you to contact our sales team to get more support on the PD stack modification.

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes