Off-by-one confusion with TCPWM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rloader
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hi,

I am setting up cyt4bb PWM units, and have an annoying off-by-one with the timing somewhere in my code, so I thought to ask to confirm some details.

My TCPWM units are configured in PWM mode, up-counter, with a 480 clock PWM cycle (period reg = 479). The edges of the PWM pulses are generated by a mix of overflow and CC match events.

• It appears that in this case (PWM, up-counter), the "underflow" event does not trigger. Is that correct? I presume "overflow" is for counting up only and "underflow" is for counting down only?
  • I'm unclear on whether the "overflow" event timing is equivalent to a CC0 match with CC0 = 479 (the period register value), or is equivalent to a CC0 match with CC0 = 0. Which is it (or something different)?
0 Likes
1 Solution
rloader
Level 2
Level 2

Ok, I re-read the TWM, and it seems Table 25-30 has the info I need:

• overflow is only generated when counting up, underflow only when counting down.
  • overflow is generated when the counter wraps to zero (same timing as a CC match with value 0).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
rloader
Level 2
Level 2

Ok, I re-read the TWM, and it seems Table 25-30 has the info I need:

• overflow is only generated when counting up, underflow only when counting down.
  • overflow is generated when the counter wraps to zero (same timing as a CC match with value 0).

0 Likes