Boot SDL

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Sentinel
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello Everybody!

I was working to get my hands dirty on the Traveo II (CYT2B7) which is used in the upcoming e-mobility Project by Bosch.

I downloaded the SDL and after some messing around I got really confused about the linkage and Boot Sequence.
In your documentation you state clearly that on reset the vector executed is 0x00000000 and the CM0+ core is the only running one.
Yet all your example projects are linked so the code for the CM0+ is linked to 0x10000000?
Can you help me, what am i missing, how is this working?

EDIT:
Am I reading that correctly.
There is already a firmware residing in this part of the controller that has some small behavioural changes according to some flags beeing set that control the life cycle.
So after some basic setup and trim functions this Boot Code, that is in BootROM will jump to 0x10000000?

BR Andy

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi ,

You already pointed out in the last section- the initial execution starts from BootROM (0x00000000) for basic setup and trim ("the boot code"), and then it jumps to CodeFlash section (which starts from 0x10000000) which contains the executable code- this is somewhat correct, but there are multiple steps involved in startup sequence, so we would suggest to refer the TRM for better details. The details can be found in "Flash boot" and "BootRom" chapter in architecture TRM. Also please refer datasheet  CYT2B7 Address Map  for memory organization in this device. Let us know if there is any confusion.

Thanks,

Ashish

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi ,

You already pointed out in the last section- the initial execution starts from BootROM (0x00000000) for basic setup and trim ("the boot code"), and then it jumps to CodeFlash section (which starts from 0x10000000) which contains the executable code- this is somewhat correct, but there are multiple steps involved in startup sequence, so we would suggest to refer the TRM for better details. The details can be found in "Flash boot" and "BootRom" chapter in architecture TRM. Also please refer datasheet  CYT2B7 Address Map  for memory organization in this device. Let us know if there is any confusion.

Thanks,

Ashish

0 Likes