low power mode api in cyw20706

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Seyu_4086601
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is there a low power mode that it does not restart?

I want to know another low power mode software api besides wiced_power_save_start();

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

1. You need to pass the correct value in the sleep callback i.e. pass WICED_SLEEP_ALLOWED_WITHOUT_SHUTDOWN whenever the sleep handler callback is called with parameter WICED_SLEEP_POLL_SLEEP_PERMISSION

2. PMU sleep and idle is same and cannot be controlled by the user application

3. wiced_power_save_start() puts the device in the HID-Off mode 'asynchronously' i.e. user can put the device into HID-Off anytime by calling this API whereas the for PDS the user can only say PDS allowed or not but the final decision depends on the PMU

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi,

You have to use wiced_sleep_config API to configure low power.

Please go through the following blog CYW20706 – BLE Low Power Beacon

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes

May I have any  question.

please refer to the document below

https://www.cypress.com/file/415986/download

Is it possible to control sleep mode with software?

ex) Pause, PMU Sleep, PDS, SDS

Thanks.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi AnjanaM_61,

I am Liam Lee working for Uniquest as FAE and "Seyu_4086601" is one of our customers. About his questions, let me ask again since I am also confused.

In the attached document below,

Q1) Table 2-1 shows 20706 supports PDS(not SDS). If so, the power save mode explained in wiced_power_save.h is PDS mode?

In attached document, PDS mode explains like as, but application is restarted when wake-up.

pastedImage_6.png

Q2) PMU Sleep is same "idle" state? And, it can NOT be controlled by user application. Right?

Q3) Is the only power save mode that can be controlled by user application using the wiced_power_save_start()?

Thanks,

Liam

0 Likes

1. You need to pass the correct value in the sleep callback i.e. pass WICED_SLEEP_ALLOWED_WITHOUT_SHUTDOWN whenever the sleep handler callback is called with parameter WICED_SLEEP_POLL_SLEEP_PERMISSION

2. PMU sleep and idle is same and cannot be controlled by the user application

3. wiced_power_save_start() puts the device in the HID-Off mode 'asynchronously' i.e. user can put the device into HID-Off anytime by calling this API whereas the for PDS the user can only say PDS allowed or not but the final decision depends on the PMU

0 Likes