how to test time server by the mesh client control

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi  all:

now as I know, the mesh time server has the capability to  synchronize the time of the nodes in the mesh network and  I have done some experiments. there are two CYW920735Q60EVB-01 boards

. the mesh time server  firmware  is downloaded  into  the One of the development boards. the mesh provision client firmware is downloaded into the other. the mesh provision project is configured as

follow in the makefile.mk:

C_FLAGS += -DWICED_BT_MESH_MODEL_TIME_CLIENT_INCLUDED

APP_SRC += mesh_time_client.c

use the mesh client control to create the mesh network by the board which is burned the mesh provision

client firmware. so the mesh time server device  joined  the mesh network.

when the time server device is joining the network

some models is automatically bound, however the time server is not automatically bound, so when I use the mesh client control to send the time server message , the time server device can not receive the message.

the application interface function for time server is the mesh_time_server_message_handler.

when I send the set time message, the function is never called.

however I think the root cause is the time server model is

not bound when the device joined the mesh network

thanks!

Mandy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Could you please try using Modustoolbox IDE?

The application is pretty much same. The latest libraries and bug fixes will be added in the latest Software (SDK) only.

Links:

MTB: https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

Apps: GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-examples-CYW920735Q60EVB-01-btsdk-mesh-snip: Mesh Snip Examples

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

May I know which SDK are you using?

When I tried, things are working good in Modustoolbox IDE with the latest BTSDK. mesh_time_server_message_handler() is getting called properly, and the set Time is Sent over transport as expected.

CYW920735Q60EVB-01 is supported in Modustoolbox 2.1.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi:

I use the  CYW20735,  the  SDK is wicestudio 6.4 IDE

0 Likes

Hi,

Could you please try using Modustoolbox IDE?

The application is pretty much same. The latest libraries and bug fixes will be added in the latest Software (SDK) only.

Links:

MTB: https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

Apps: GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-examples-CYW920735Q60EVB-01-btsdk-mesh-snip: Mesh Snip Examples

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes