can HCI uart able to use as normal uart?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
daba_4649501
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

hello,

i am using CYBT-413034-02 and CYBT-413055 ble chips and i am programming this modules using evaluation board of HCI uart and PUART through USB serial.

can i able to configure the HCI uart as normal for flashing an external memory after programming the module. i only need rx and tx for the flashing external serial flash.

also i need to use PUART for the trace.

i dont know if it possible , if there is please let me know.

thank you,

regards,

danny.MichaelF_56SheetalJ_96broadcomwiced-adminDaZh_2976111

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

If you are planning to program the cypress chip using an external MCU, you can refer WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf This document will show us how a host microcontroller unit (MCU) can communicate with a Cypress WICED device via HCI UART.

You can refer the lab manual examples (Chapter5) to understand how HCI modes and communications are coded.

CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files/Projects/ch05 at master · cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WBT101_F...

Please check wiced_transport.h for related transport utility APIs and descriptions.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Sorry, I couldn't understand your exact requirement.

Generally we will be able use HCI UART for programming and PUART for debug traces. You can configure to reroute the debug traces to HCI UART as well (check wiced_debug_uart_types_t in wiced_bt_trace.h). In HCI UART two modes are there -WICED_TRANSPORT_UART_HCI_MODE and WICED_TRANSPORT_UART_RAW_MODE.

May I know which SDK are you using? And what exactly is your requirement?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

hi,

my exact requirement is , i want to use HCI uart to flash a external serial flash using hci uart rx and tx.

how to send data in HCI uart rx and tx pins.

please provide an example code for how to send data and receive data using HCI uart rx and tx.

i am using wiced studio 6.0 and version of sdk is

WICED-SDK Version: Wiced_006.004.000.0061

DaZh_2976111MichaelF_56SheetalJ_96broadcomwiced-adminAnjanaM_61

thank you,

regards ,

danny

0 Likes

Hi,

If you are planning to program the cypress chip using an external MCU, you can refer WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf This document will show us how a host microcontroller unit (MCU) can communicate with a Cypress WICED device via HCI UART.

You can refer the lab manual examples (Chapter5) to understand how HCI modes and communications are coded.

CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files/Projects/ch05 at master · cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WBT101_F...

Please check wiced_transport.h for related transport utility APIs and descriptions.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj