WICED-Studio-6.2.1.2-IDE-installer.exe fails silently

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaLu_4280191
Level 1
Level 1

After unzipping the installer and executing it as an administrator, the process fails after the initial progress bar reaches 100%.  No other error indications appear.

Initially, I had unzipped the file into the default directory (WICED-Studio-6.2.1.2-IDE-Installer) under my Downloads directory; I verified that both WICED-Studio-6.2.1.2-IDE-Installer.exe and config.eml were present in the directory prior to executing the installer.  Available space on the drive is 146 GB.

To eliminate the possibility of path names being too long I copied the install directory to the root of the 😧 drive which has 240 GB of free space.  I got the same result; after the initial progress bar reached 100%, there was no further activity; the InstallAnywhere Self-Extractor process disappeared from the task manager.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Reply
MaLu_4280191
Level 1
Level 1

I looked in the AppData\Local\Temp directory and did not find any files named wiced_install_log, but I did find a number of files (one for each installation attempt) named with the pattern lax*.tmp.  The last entry in each of these files started with the following:

lax.nl.current.vm= (followed by the path to the copy of javaw.exe in the temp installer directory)

Hope this sheds a little light on exactly where the installer failed.

0 Likes