Re: Wake BLE devide from GPIO activity and Matrixkeyboard interface with BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ns_4270701
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Platform: CYW920719Q40EVB-01

IDE: Wiced Studio 6.2.1

Question 1:

I'm trying to solve this problem, but I can't understand how to configure GPIO for Matrix keys. From below the API

Is there any predefined GPIOs which are used for Matrix key interface?

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

/// Configure GPIOs for keyscan operation. Note that only GPIOs

/// that are in the matrix are configured for keyscan operation.

/// GPIOs that are not part of the scan matrix are left alone.

///

/// \param -none

///

/// \return - none

void wiced_hal_keyscan_config_gpios(void);

//======================================================================================================

Question 2:

Is it a write way to read any keypress event for 4x4 keypad?

What I am trying is,  connecting a 4x4 matrix keypad with CYW920719Q40EVB-01 dev kit on J3 -J4 connector from D0 - D8 (where D3 NC) ,

And configured pins for 4x4 Matrix keypad, where D0 - D8 are mapped to pins of chip i.e. D0: P34, D1: P33, D2: P00 ... .. D8: P06

and then trying to read if any key press ? like if P34 pin is  detected pressed I want to print 1 Num Pressed in debug log. if P33 then 2 num is pressed and so on.

APIs I might need to start with .

/* matrix keypad  Mia  driver intruupt init*/

wiced_hal_mia_enable_mia_interrupt(TRUE);

wiced_hal_mia_enable_lhl_interrupt(TRUE);//GPIO interrupt

/* matrix keypad  Keyscan  driver  init*/

wiced_hal_keyscan_configure(KEYSCAN_ROWS, KEYSCAN_COLS);  // (4,4)

wiced_hal_keyscan_init();

And by using wiced_hal_keyscan_is_any_key_pressed() function confirming if any keypress event generated or not.

0 Likes
1 Solution

HI,

1. We register a callback function using wiced_hal_keyscan_register_for_event_notification() API to detect the interrupt and process it.

2. You need to read the Key code. This is the location in the keyscan matrix that is pressed/released.

May be implemented as ((row * numCols) + col) or ((col * numRows) + row.

BYTE keyCode;

3. I believe you need to configure WICED sleep in your app. Please check wiced_sleep.h for related APIs.

Q) "When I press a key from Matrix Keypad , I don't get any event. But when I press the On Board Button (02) I can see below log on comport:".

->I doubt there is some logical issue in the application code. I may need to see the code to confirm it.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ns_4270701
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

DheerajP_41

Platform: CYW920719Q40EVB-01

IDE: Wiced Studio 6.2.1

Question 1:

I'm trying to solve this problem, but I can't understand how to configure GPIO for Matrix keys. From below the API

Is there any predefined GPIOs which are used for Matrix key interface?

/// Configure GPIOs for keyscan operation. Note that only GPIOs

/// that are in the matrix are configured for keyscan operation.

/// GPIOs that are not part of the scan matrix are left alone.

/// \param -none

/// \return - none

void wiced_hal_keyscan_config_gpios(void);

Solved:

I had configured the pins using "Supermux  Configurator", for External 4x4 Keypad pins connected to J3-J4 connector of CYW920719Q40EVB-01 Developmentkit

Pin mapping as below:

Columns :  Dev kit           4x4Matrix Kypad        Rows: Dev Kit             4x4 Matrix Keypad

D5(P26)                  pin1                               D10(P07)                 pin5

D6(P02)                 pin2                               D11(P28)                 pin6

D6(P04)                 pin3                               D12(P01)                 pin7

D6(P06)                 pin4                               D13(P38)                 pin8

Note: here D5,D6 is on board connector references  and P26,P02 i.e. Wiced 26  Wiced 02 etc..

/* matrix keypad  Mia  driver intruupt init*/

wiced_hal_mia_enable_mia_interrupt(TRUE);

wiced_hal_mia_enable_lhl_interrupt(TRUE);//GPIO interrupt

/* matrix keypad  Keyscan  driver  init*/

wiced_hal_keyscan_configure(KEYSCAN_ROWS, KEYSCAN_COLS);  // (4,4)

wiced_hal_keyscan_init();

wiced_hal_keyscan_register_for_event_notification(Key_Detect,NULL);

void Key_Detect()

{

keyStat = wiced_hal_keyscan_is_any_key_pressed();

WICED_BT_TRACE("Key_Detect, Key Status::%d\n",keyStat);

}

When I press a key from Matrix Keypad , I dont get any event. But when I press the On Board Button (02) I can see below log on comport:

Serial Capture Log:

Key_Detect, Key Status:: 1

Key_Detect, Key Status:: 0

Callback function is continually calling...

===============================================================

Queries:

(1)  How do I get the interrupt/event if a key pressed from external "Matrix keypad"?

(2) How will I know which key has been pressed from Matrix keypad? How do I get the Keycode?

(3) Can it possioble to wake a device from matrix key press event ?

0 Likes

HI,

1. We register a callback function using wiced_hal_keyscan_register_for_event_notification() API to detect the interrupt and process it.

2. You need to read the Key code. This is the location in the keyscan matrix that is pressed/released.

May be implemented as ((row * numCols) + col) or ((col * numRows) + row.

BYTE keyCode;

3. I believe you need to configure WICED sleep in your app. Please check wiced_sleep.h for related APIs.

Q) "When I press a key from Matrix Keypad , I don't get any event. But when I press the On Board Button (02) I can see below log on comport:".

->I doubt there is some logical issue in the application code. I may need to see the code to confirm it.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

DheerajP_41

Please have a look at the attached wiced example...

I made some changes to the sample code to make it suitable for Matrix 4x4 keyboard.

Looking forward to your guidance.

0 Likes

Hi,

What does the function "wiced_hal_keyscan_config_gpios()"  do?

I don't see any critical logical issues on an initial check. But not sure anything is breaking in between, since you have combined hello_client and keyboard apps together.

You can refer the "HAL Keyboard Scanner" for verifying the matrix keyboard scan logic. (Note: this particular app works on latest Modustoolbox). GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-cyw208xx-keyboard-scanner: This code example demon...

Thanks,

-Dheeraj