ModusToolbox vs. WICED Studio

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AcSp_4798551
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello together,

can somebody explain to me the difference between the ModusToolBox and the WICED Studio.

What is the better option to develop an application for: CYBT-413055 based on CYW20719 (development board: CYBT-413055-EVAL EZ-BT)?

Thanks for your comments.

Achim

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Achim,

ModusToolbox is newer software environment by Cypress, giving you flexibility of developing your applications with customizable BSPs, selection of libraries as per your need. New platforms and also Cypress Bluetooth products will be supported in ModusToolbox now onwards. There are many extra features also added like cloud support.

Please check: https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

To develop an application using CYBT-413055, I would suggest you to go with ModusToolbox. As we will be providing updates & newer features in MTB (not WICED SDK), it will be convenient for you to develop your application in future.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

WICED Studio 6.6. no longer supports stand alone Bluetooth products.

You will want to use ModusToolbox Bluetooth SDK​ for the CYBT-413055.

SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Achim,

ModusToolbox is newer software environment by Cypress, giving you flexibility of developing your applications with customizable BSPs, selection of libraries as per your need. New platforms and also Cypress Bluetooth products will be supported in ModusToolbox now onwards. There are many extra features also added like cloud support.

Please check: https://www.cypress.com/products/modustoolbox-software-environment

To develop an application using CYBT-413055, I would suggest you to go with ModusToolbox. As we will be providing updates & newer features in MTB (not WICED SDK), it will be convenient for you to develop your application in future.

0 Likes