Making the CYW920719Q40EVB-01 Evaluation Kit behave like a dongle

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaJa_4678591
Level 1
Level 1

I bought the CYW920719Q40EVB-01 Evaluation Kit hoping to use it as a higher powered bluetooth dongle. I gather that this would probably mean running an application on the dev board that just exposes standard HCI interfaces, and then the OS would know how to deal with it. Is there any such example HCI application which would make it just look detectable as a bluetooth devices to macOS ,Linux,  or Windows?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi JaJa_4678591​,

Do you want CYW20719 to advertise itself as a Bluetooth device? You can try using demo/hello_sensor application available in WICED SDK. CYW20719 device will start advertising & you can detect the same at your client side.

I gather that this would probably mean running an application on the dev board that just exposes standard HCI interfaces, and then the OS would know how to deal with it.

>> I think you are trying to set CYW20719 as a mediator between OS and third device. Correct? I am afraid this is not possible using CYW20719. It cannot be used as a "Dongle" as such.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi JaJa_4678591​,

Do you want CYW20719 to advertise itself as a Bluetooth device? You can try using demo/hello_sensor application available in WICED SDK. CYW20719 device will start advertising & you can detect the same at your client side.

I gather that this would probably mean running an application on the dev board that just exposes standard HCI interfaces, and then the OS would know how to deal with it.

>> I think you are trying to set CYW20719 as a mediator between OS and third device. Correct? I am afraid this is not possible using CYW20719. It cannot be used as a "Dongle" as such.

Is there some other chip/dev board which I could get which supports HCI interfaces which might be better for this purpose?

0 Likes

Unfortunately, we don't have any such device which will help you with your application.

However you can check CySmart Dongle - https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cysmart-bluetooth-le-test-and-debug-tool which might be useful for you.