Interfacing CYBT-243053-02 EVAL

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JuBe_4650486
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to communicate to HCI UART of CYBT-243053-02 EVAL from a host uC. The switch SW4 on the board is opened in order to access the UART through J1 connector. I'm using the default UART settings 115200 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control. I'm basically trying to test that connection by sending and API text protocol /PING\n command but I haven't been able to receive anything back.

Is this module uart ready to work out of the box or does is it need to be especifically programmed? I understand that the module is set by default to work by with API text protocol format so my guess is that it should answer to a ping command right away, but obviously I'm missing something.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

The ez-serial for this module is still under development. Please refer EZ-Serial with CYBT-2630xx-02 module

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi JuBe_4650486​,

I don't understand what do you mean by ping command. Would you please elaborate how you are trying programming the board?

You should be able to send reset command from host over HCI UART and check if module is responding to the command. Also, what do you mean by API text protocol?

Hello,

I'm probably looking at the wrong documentation, not sure if "EZ-Serial BLE Firmware Platform User Guide - V1.1.1" doc applies to this module. It says the module feature set can be accessed thorugh text or binary API communication, the former by default.

I have no problem to program the module with ModusToolbox IDE so I have no doubt that the module HCI UART is working.

I haven't found a command reference for this module and I think I'm totally mistaken.

0 Likes

The ez-serial for this module is still under development. Please refer EZ-Serial with CYBT-2630xx-02 module

0 Likes

Hi, I'm afraid the thread you are referring to just says that CYBT-2630xx-02 module is not ready yet and doesn't help me much I'm kind of stuck. Thanks

0 Likes

CYBT-2630xx-02 modules are CYW20819 based whether as CYBT-243052-02 are CYW20820 based modules. Both are being developed simultaneously, therefore answer in the thread I mentioned applies to your query as well.

0 Likes