How can I get started with CYBT-353027-EZ EVAL-01?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SeNe_4804401
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Good day!

I am new to Cypress devices but have some experience in BLE design.

I have CYBT-352027-EZ EVAL-01 and I need to use CYBT-353027-02 in my design for standalone operation.

It is good because it has suitable dimensions and good functionality.

I got some questions:

1) Can the module be programmed to work in BLE and Classic Bluetooth network simultaneously?

E.g. be a master to control heartrate in BLE and be a master to work in headset or A2DP Sink profile in Classical Bluetooth. Possible?

2) As far as I understand CYBT-353027-02 has CYW20706 core in it. Right?

3) I have installed WICED-Studio-6.2 and tried hello_sensor demo example (hello_sensor-CYBT_353027_EVAL download UART=COM77). It works fine and could connect to my CYBT-353027-02 and discover it GATT structure from smartphone. But I don't understand how to debug the program in WICED Studio (use breakpoints, go by steps, enter functions and so on).

What is the way to debug program?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Sergey

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello sene_4804401 ,

1) Can the module be programmed to work in BLE and Classic Bluetooth network simultaneously?

A: Yes, this is possible. One point to note is when you use A2DP sink and BLE Central simultaneously, inorder to do a LE scan for adv packets , the music streaming (in A2DP sink) should be paused. Refer : A2DP Sink and BLE Scan

A: Yes , that's correct

3) What is the way to debug program?

A: For debug , please refer to Debugging-Support-Using-J-Link.pdf in doc folder of WICED SDK ( /20706-A2_Bluetooth/doc/Debugging-Support-Using-J-Link.pdf )

References:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an223400-getting-started-ez-bt-wiced-module... 

WICED Module Programmer User Guide – KBA225060

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello sene_4804401 ,

A: Yes, this is possible. One point to note is when you use A2DP sink and BLE Central simultaneously, inorder to do a LE scan for adv packets , the music streaming (in A2DP sink) should be paused. Refer : A2DP Sink and BLE Scan

A: Yes , that's correct

3) What is the way to debug program?

A: For debug , please refer to Debugging-Support-Using-J-Link.pdf in doc folder of WICED SDK ( /20706-A2_Bluetooth/doc/Debugging-Support-Using-J-Link.pdf )

References:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an223400-getting-started-ez-bt-wiced-module... 

WICED Module Programmer User Guide – KBA225060

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

Hello, Anjana!

Thanks for answering!

In the "CYW920706WCDEVAL-Hardware-User-Guide.pdf" on page 12 figure 6-1 I found the scheme that describes how use DEBUG INTERFACE J27 => BT_UART_RXD, BT_UART_TXD and RST_N, VDDIO and GND are used.

pastedImage_7.png

On my CYBT-353027-EVAL 01 there is no DEBUG INTERFACE but there is EXTERNAL HCI INTERFACE J1 with VDD, GND, RXD, TXD, CTS and RTS available.

pastedImage_8.png

Q1: Did I get it right that I can connect a self-made Custom Cable that is mentioned in "Debugging-Support-Using-J-Link.pdf" page 4, figure 1 to the CYBT-353027-02 module on CYBT-353027-EVAL 01 for debugging?

Q2: What is JTAG_SEL pin and is it needed for debugging (first image)?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Sergey

0 Likes

Hi SeNe_4804401 ,

JTAG_SEL pin is not available for the module.

You should be able to use HCI UART Rx and Tx as SWDIO and SWDCLK  with the modifications mentioned in Debugging Support Using a J-Link Probe and CYW920706WCDEVAL Hardware User Guide .

Can you please try the same?

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes