I purchased a CYW920719Q40-B1 eval kits for my project recently. I am trouble in that it will always generates a series of waves after downloading official samples onto the board with WICED v6.6 which is observed via spectrum analyzer. But a new bare CYW20719 won't behave like that.
For more details is following.
1. The wave only occurs at the beginning after a hard reset.
2. The wave seens a continous wave like the following figure shows.
3. The frequency of the wave occurs in order of 2441-->2474-->2410-->2426-->2441-->2458-->2474(MHz) which likes a Tx test or self checking mechanism of the bluetooth chip I guess. However, I can't find where to define it in the programme project.
What's my assumption:
I think it is a regular action configured by the official samples. Cause I tried it in a new 20719 chip without downloading any firmwares and won't represent this problem. Besides, I have tried almost every samples in the 20719-B1_Bluetooth/apps directory. They all have the same problems.
What's my effort:
1. I have simplify APPLICATION_START( ) by commenting all of the codes in it, but it doesn't solve.
2. I tried comment the function application_start_internal( void ) in 20719-B1_Bluetooth/WICED/common/spar_setup.c, but it doesn't solve.
Could you help me to locate the key of the problem?
Thanks for the update. I clarified this issue with our internal team. We have stopped supporting CYW20719B1 devices. You are highly recommended to move to the latest version CYW20719B2 for development.