CYW920719Q40-B1 eval kits has a strange wave after a hard reset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rydge
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello, 

I purchased a CYW920719Q40-B1 eval kits for my project recently. I am trouble in that it will always generates a series of waves after downloading official samples onto the board with WICED v6.6 which is observed via spectrum analyzer. But a new bare CYW20719 won't behave like that.

For more details is following.

1. The wave only occurs at the beginning after a hard reset.

2. The wave seens a continous wave like the following figure shows.

rydge_0-1626180508851.png

3. The frequency of the wave occurs in order of 2441-->2474-->2410-->2426-->2441-->2458-->2474(MHz) which likes a Tx test or self checking mechanism of the bluetooth chip I guess. However, I can't find where to define it in the programme project.

What's my assumption:

I think it is a regular action configured by the official samples. Cause I tried it in a new 20719 chip without downloading any firmwares and won't represent this problem. Besides, I have tried almost every samples in the  20719-B1_Bluetooth/apps directory. They all have the same problems.

What's my effort:

1. I have simplify APPLICATION_START( ) by commenting all of the codes in it, but it doesn't solve.

2. I tried comment the function application_start_internal( void ) in 20719-B1_Bluetooth/WICED/common/spar_setup.c, but it doesn't solve.

Could you help me to locate the key of the problem? 

Thanks

Rydge Chiu

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @rydge ,

Thanks for the update. I clarified this issue with our internal team. We have stopped supporting CYW20719B1 devices. You are highly recommended to move to the latest version CYW20719B2 for development.

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies