CYW20735 ACLK on pin

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aledc_3870171
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to output a clock on a GPIO pin but having zero luck!

This is the test code:

wiced_hal_gpio_select_function(WICED_P29, WICED_ACLK_0);                                // line 1

//wiced_hal_gpio_configure_pin(WICED_P29, GPIO_OUTPUT_ENABLE, GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT_HIGH);    // line 2

wiced_hal_aclk_enable(1000000, ACLK0, ACLK_FREQ_24_MHZ);                                // line 3

I have tried with line 2 both commented and not commented and tried ACLK_1, ACLK_FREQ_1_MHZ and many different output frequencies but nothing works.

If the GPIO is configured as an output and toggled as fast as possible I can see this on the scope so my test environment is OK.

Please help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

The issue is fixed for WICED SDK 6.4

The SDK should release in couple of weeks.

Currently we are tracking to get achieve before this month end.

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Did you have a chance to review hal_pwm.c in apps/snip/hal/pwm? This app output the frequency to control the brightness of LED D10.

The pwm section below blog has more info and aclk_0 is not available for use in PWM.

CYW20719 and CYW20735 Clocks, RTC, WatchDog Timer, Application Timer and PWM

Thanks for the advise. As I've added, I have tried ACK1 and have verified this works as a PWM. Unfortunately a PWM isn't fast enough.

0 Likes
aledc_3870171
Level 1
Level 1

Just to add some further information.

I know the wiced_hal_aclk_enable using ACLK1 works because if I configure the pin as a PWM the timings and periods are as expected.

Using as a PWM isn't fast enough as I need a 24MHz frequency.

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Alex,

I was able to reproduce the issue. ACLK is not getting routed to GPIO pins using the API.

We have reported this to our development team to check the root cause.

Thanks,
Anjana

Thanks Anjana,

I'm trying to approve a PCB ready for production. Do you have any idea how long it will take to receive a response?

Alex.

0 Likes

Hi,

is there any update regarding this problem?

0 Likes

Hi,

I am checking internally for the new SDK release time line.

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes

Hi,

The SDK should release in couple of weeks.

Currently we are tracking to get achieve before this month end.

Thanks,

Anjana

0 Likes