CYW20706 how can I make bt scan forever and response beacon information repeatedly ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_3563711
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given

Hello All!

I have a question about bt scan( or inquiry),I need to scan for BT beacon continuously and get its rssi information to obtain its roughly location.Is there someAPIS to make it works as expected or change   API's arguments to get the same affect?

thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi luluz_3563711​,

As per the spec, certain range is specified for the inquiry scan or page scan interval. In WICED, we choose default values for both (please check wiced_bt_cfg.c).

Once you start inquiry scan or page scan, your device will continue to be in that mode unless you stop the scanning in your code. So you can get the RSSI values from the adv packets.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi luluz_3563711​,

As per the spec, certain range is specified for the inquiry scan or page scan interval. In WICED, we choose default values for both (please check wiced_bt_cfg.c).

Once you start inquiry scan or page scan, your device will continue to be in that mode unless you stop the scanning in your code. So you can get the RSSI values from the adv packets.

How about the same beacon information response repeatedly at the same scan duration?At present ,bt sees hasn't duplicate_filter_enable like ble.I  just try to  recall inquiry function make it realized roughly;

THANKS!

0 Likes

You are right. The duplicate_filter_enable functionality is there for BLE, not for BT. You will have to do it application specific.