CYW20706 can not received the connection on low power sleep mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hyhw_4628441
Level 2
Level 2
50 sign-ins 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

SW Information

- Chipset & EVK : CYW20706 & F1DC2076 EVB (made in F1media)

- WICED SDK version : WCIED 6.2.1

- Test application : SPP

Test

1. i have changed the transport to UART
  2. and i added the "wiced_sleep_config( WICED_TRUE, WICED_WAKE_GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW, WICED_WAKE_GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW );" to "end of APPLICATION_START()"
  3. and i was set the "BT_DEV_WAKE" pin to high
  4. and then current is lower than about 4 ~ 5mA
  5. "BT_HOST_WAKE" is keep to high, not changed to low
  6. i have tried to connect from phone to CYW20706

the "BT_DEV_WAKE" and "BT_HOST_WAKE" is as below.

20210929_183647_1.jpg

the result of test is CYW20706 can not received the connection.

it seems that entered sleep mode, but can not wakeup.

i found that CYW20706 can be wake by BT Radio as below, but it was didn`t.

20210929_183647_2.jpg

can CYW20706 wakeup by BT radio? why can not wakeup the CYW20706 by BT radio?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Could you please try using it as a standalone device and check the low power mode? Meaning, try using an external GPIOs instead og BT_Wake and Host_wake pins. General purpose GPIO can be configured and these interrup shout wake up the device. 

BT Activity can also wake up the device. But I hope it will be in effective only after the connection. Before the connection the BT Device has to initiate the BT activity (Eg. using a timer or so) then it will wake up from sleep.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

Could you please try using it as a standalone device and check the low power mode? Meaning, try using an external GPIOs instead og BT_Wake and Host_wake pins. General purpose GPIO can be configured and these interrup shout wake up the device. 

BT Activity can also wake up the device. But I hope it will be in effective only after the connection. Before the connection the BT Device has to initiate the BT activity (Eg. using a timer or so) then it will wake up from sleep.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

0 Likes

i have some questions as below.

• as on attached second image, supported sleep mode are

1. Low Power Sleep Mode

2. Deep Sleep Power Save Mode

we used "1. Low Power Sleep Mode".

see the "A.1 Low Power Sleep Mode",

it seems that we can not know the sleep or wake state of CYW20706, could we check the sleep or wake state?

also, on last sentence of attached second image,

we want to use control the sleep or wake state of CYW20706 using "BT_DEV_WAKE" and "BT_HOST_WAKE"

• as you said, is it right that the wake-up by BT radio occurs only connected state?

so, if the CYW20706 is not connected yet, the wake-up by BT radio don`t occurs?

(ex. if the CYW20706 entered sleep mode, don`t receive the connection?)

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

Could you please share your code and steps to reproduce the issue? We will try to take a look at its behaviour and get back to you. 

In Low Power Sleep Mode, the device controller decides when to go to sleep and when to wake up. As said in the document, the device can wakeup in various situation including BT activity. But when you need to establish a connection, I think you need to a long window of time where the device does not go to sleep mode again. I think you can use API wiced_power_save_stop and stop the power save mode on an interrupt and establish a connection. Then later restart the power save mode when required. 

Anyb BT activity can wake up the device. For example in BLE communication, an advertisement can also wake up the device.

Please check the below blog as well.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Resource-Library/CYW20706-BLE-Low-Power-Beacon/ta-p/246355

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

0 Likes