CYBT-343026-EVAL: Module receives SPP data command but does not send it via Bluetooth

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

After debugging my application I've noticed that although my module receives an SPP data command, it just does not send it via Bluetooth.

I attatch a capture of the debugging process so you can see that the module is discoverable, pairable and connectable and that it receives the spp commands sent to it.

I have added a few WICED_BT_TRACE statements inside the SPP functions in order to see if the program reaches the critical points.

Like this:

uint32_t hci_control_process_rx_cmd( uint8_t* p_data, uint32_t length )

{

case HCI_CONTROL_GROUP_SPP:

WICED_BT_TRACE("SPP COMMAND\n");

hci_control_spp_handle_command( opcode, p_data, payload_len );

break;

void hci_control_spp_handle_command( uint16_t cmd_opcode, uint8_t* p, uint32_t data_len )

{

case HCI_CONTROL_SPP_COMMAND_DATA:

handle = p[0] | ( p[1] << 8 );

hci_control_spp_send_data( handle, &p[2], data_len - 2 );

WICED_BT_TRACE("SPP DATA DELIVERED\n");

break;

}

}

Do you have any idea about why could this be happening?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the logs that you have posted, I see that you have already established RFCOMM connection with a peer device whose address is 0xD065CA067D92. You are then again trying to establish a RFCOMM connection with another device, which is why you are seeing that "no free control block" message.

I don't see correlation between the logs and the prints you have posted. Where are the "SEND_TX_COMPLETE" and "SPP DATA COMMAND HANDLED" prints included?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LJYe_2922526
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 10 likes received 5 likes given

Did you connect to a remote Bluetooth device first using HCI_CONTROL_SPP_COMMAND_CONNECT?

Do you get any HCI_CONTROL_SPP_EVENT_TX_COMPLETE event back? What was the result code?

I'd study a demo project and understand how SPP works first.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I use the HCI_CONTROL_SPP_COMMAND_CONNECT, but I always get the "hci_control_spp_connect - no free control block for connection" message.

I have also added a WICED_BT_TRACE right after the HCI_CONTROL_SPP_EVENT_TX_COMPLETE event is sent:

/*

* Send a data packet to the server

*/

uint8_t hci_spp_send_tx_complete( uint16_t handle, wiced_bt_rfcomm_result_t result )

{

uint8_t  tx_buf[5];

uint8_t *p = tx_buf;

uint8_t  trans_rc;

*p++ = (handle & 0xff);

*p++ = ((handle >> 😎 & 0xff);

*p++ = result;

trans_rc = wiced_transport_send_data( HCI_CONTROL_SPP_EVENT_TX_COMPLETE, tx_buf, ( int )( p - tx_buf ) );

WICED_BT_TRACE("HCI_CONTROL_SPP_EVENT_TX_COMPLETE\n");

return trans_rc;

}

In the capture I attatch you can see that "HCI_CONTROL_SPP_EVENT_TX_COMPLETE" is printed during the debugging process.

However, the connection seems not to be completed. It looks like if the p_scb->state variable changes to state other than "IDLE" before the connection can be fulfiled by the hci_control_spp_connect function, which causes it to immediately return.

Why could this be happening?

Thanks again for your attention.

Regards.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

From the logs that you have posted, I see that you have already established RFCOMM connection with a peer device whose address is 0xD065CA067D92. You are then again trying to establish a RFCOMM connection with another device, which is why you are seeing that "no free control block" message.

I don't see correlation between the logs and the prints you have posted. Where are the "SEND_TX_COMPLETE" and "SPP DATA COMMAND HANDLED" prints included?