BLE scan positive RSSI on WICED 6.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LJYe_2922526
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 10 likes received 5 likes given

Hi Forum,

We are using CYW20706 with WICED version 6.0, and we cannot upgrade to newer versions (route audio over uart no longer supported).

So we know there is a bug in WICED 6.0 where RSSI reading from a BLE scan can turn out to be positive. We were dropping those data points previously. Now we are working on a new feature that relies on collecting RSSI readings for distance estimation, so ideally we can keep those data points.

Is it possible for us to correct/patch those positive readings in application code? Maybe there is a formula?

Thanks,

LJ

1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

The problem is fixed with WICED SDK 6.4. Please try to replace the file in SDK6.0 with the attached file from SDK6.4 and test if the problem still happens.

\20706-A2_Bluetooth\Wiced-BT\tier2\brcm\wiced_uart\bld

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

As I know, the newer version SDK can also support audio route over uart.

Did you test the RSSI problem on the latest WICED 6.4 version?

/** wiced audio routes */

typedef enum

{

AUDIO_ROUTE_I2S                  = 0x00,  /**< Route the PCM Samples over I2S. Read from I2S in case of audio source,write to I2S in case of audio sink */

AUDIO_ROUTE_UART                 = 0x01,  /**< Route the PCM samples over transport. Receive the audio data to be sent OTA from transport in case of audio source.Receive the audio data OTA, decode and send to transport in case of audio sink */

AUDIO_ROUTE_SINE                 = 0x02,  /**< Route the stored sine samples over the air. Applicable in case of audio source */

AUDIO_ROUTE_COMPRESSED_TRANSPORT = 0x04,  /**< Route the compressed audio data(AVDTP media packet, including the header) over transport. Receive the audio data OTA and send to transport. Applicable in case of audio sink */

}wiced_audio_route_t;

Sorry I meant to say we route SCO data to the app, then our code packages the audio data and send it to the host via UART. In code we use WICED_BT_SCO_OVER_APP_CB. From my understanding that feature is not supported anymore with later WICED releases.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

The problem is fixed with WICED SDK 6.4. Please try to replace the file in SDK6.0 with the attached file from SDK6.4 and test if the problem still happens.

\20706-A2_Bluetooth\Wiced-BT\tier2\brcm\wiced_uart\bld

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes