20719 transmit power API

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

How can I configure the BLE transmit power for connection?  I only see wiced_bt_dev_set_tx_power() for 20706.  If I can't configure the power, what is it set to?  Also, what is the default advertisement transmit power?  I tried calling wiced_bt_ble_read_adv_tx_power() but the returned value is always the same even after I called wiced_bt_ble_set_adv_tx_power() with different values.  What is the data format for the wiced_bt_ble_read_adv_tx_power() callback?  The only documentation is:

/**

* Asynchronous operation complete callback.

* @param p_data            : Operation dependent data

* @return Nothing

*/

typedef void (wiced_bt_dev_cmpl_cback_t) (void *p_data);

Is p_data INT8 or INT8 * or something else?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi jhu_3414236​,

wiced_bt_tx_power_result_t will be passed to the callback when using API wiced_bt_ble_set_adv_tx_power(). The structure format is given in wiced_bt_dev.h.

You can use wiced_bt_set_tx_power() API to configure transmit power for connection.

Also, you may find this blog helpful: Configuring Transmit (Tx) power on the CYW20706

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi jhu_3414236​,

wiced_bt_tx_power_result_t will be passed to the callback when using API wiced_bt_ble_set_adv_tx_power(). The structure format is given in wiced_bt_dev.h.

You can use wiced_bt_set_tx_power() API to configure transmit power for connection.

Also, you may find this blog helpful: Configuring Transmit (Tx) power on the CYW20706