20706-A2 Classic BT SPP example issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JiYa_3557771
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Hi,

I have created project and build an image following " Chapter 6A: Classic Bluetooth - The Wireless Serial Port Profile (SPP)" as attached.

The application is running and the device can be seen and paired. However, I could not see virtual serial ports listed on the COM (device manager).

From the trace, I could see the pairing process has no problem. The problem is connecting. I could not see the trace information from the three SPP callback functions,

spp_connection_up_callback, spp_connection_down_callback and  spp_rx_data_callback when connecting. it seems that the "wiced_bt_spp_startup(&spp_reg);" has not been executed properly somehow. Or the spp.c file is not linked properly. I don't know.

I have run the snip.bt.spp demo. It works fine and a bluetooth virtual com can been seen.

These two projects should have similar application size after build. However, the eq_spp is smaller (4.7K) thant spp (6.1k). Is something not right with Wiced Studio IDE?

I have seen a similar post here, and has no answer for it.

Could you please have a look to see what is missing in my project.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

I found this in the snip.bt.spp demo:

#if defined (CYW20706A2)

// Initialize RFCOMM.  We will not be using application buffer pool and will rely on the

// stack pools configured in the wiced_bt_cfg.c

wiced_bt_rfcomm_init(MAX_TX_BUFFER, 1);

#endif

I added this initialisation into the project I created and it works

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

What's your application? Could you develop your application based on the SPP demo?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

I have tried the demo SPP project. It works fine.

After this, I created this eq_spp project following the attached tutorial. I could not see a big difference between them. When I run eq_spp, it seems the SPP library has been started, but its three callback functions don't work, if I connect/disconnect it, as I could not see the trace information. The connect/disconnect seems no problem, as I can see on windows, the status of bluetooth changed from paired to connected.

Best regards

0 Likes

Hi,

I found this in the snip.bt.spp demo:

#if defined (CYW20706A2)

// Initialize RFCOMM.  We will not be using application buffer pool and will rely on the

// stack pools configured in the wiced_bt_cfg.c

wiced_bt_rfcomm_init(MAX_TX_BUFFER, 1);

#endif

I added this initialisation into the project I created and it works

That's great! Thanks a lot for your sharing.

0 Likes