puart receives wrong value

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
prvoc_2175136
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to communicate to BCM20737 tag board with peripheral uart. I followed the puart functionality from puart_contorl example

Also what I send to terminal using puart_print/puart_write is displaying correctly. So I think the setup is correct.

The problem I see is what ever value I receive from puart_read is not same as value I send from terminal, please let me know what can be the reason for this behavior.

FYI : I have set the same baud rate on PC and BCM20737

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you post a snippet of the source code where you are reading the received bytes?

I just tested your scenario with puart_control app in the SDK and I was reading correct values from the terminal.

Using the following code from puart_control:

pastedImage_1.png

Using Tera Term, I was pressing 'c''s and whenever I did I saw this debug traces from SDK.

pastedImage_0.png

Please let us know if you were able to solve your problem. Thanks.

James

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Are you using the clientcontrol.exe SW on your PC for this exercise? And despite following the procedure described in "PUART-control.pdf" you are still seeing the above?

praveen

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you post a snippet of the source code where you are reading the received bytes?

I just tested your scenario with puart_control app in the SDK and I was reading correct values from the terminal.

Using the following code from puart_control:

pastedImage_1.png

Using Tera Term, I was pressing 'c''s and whenever I did I saw this debug traces from SDK.

pastedImage_0.png

Please let us know if you were able to solve your problem. Thanks.

James

0 Likes