When SDK2.2 will be released lately?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

===

SDK: 2.1.

Tag: 920737.

app: OTA hello-sensor.

Security: pass key failure at SDK2.1.1

===

Problem:

Test on passkey security but BT connection is always on. It is claimed that

the bug will be fixed in release SDK2.2. So would like to double check when will

it be released? And I check the old SDK, it seems, it's working in old version v2.0

but currently version is not working.

the other question is, if the hello sensor device has 4 master handset there, if first one

is connected with passkey, and afterwards it can auto be on with BT slave. How about

other new three attempt on BT connection? Do they need to enter passkey or they can connect

the device without input passkey? TKS

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We had hoped to get SDK 2.2 out before the Holiday, but it looks like the release will be delayed at least another week.  Our apologies for the inconvenience.

As for the second part of your question, I do not understand what a 4 master handset use case consist of, thinking maybe you meant to say single master with multiple slaves, would each slave need to enter a passkey once the function is working correctly.  If this was the question, then yes, I believe you are correct.

boont victorz vik86

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We had hoped to get SDK 2.2 out before the Holiday, but it looks like the release will be delayed at least another week.  Our apologies for the inconvenience.

As for the second part of your question, I do not understand what a 4 master handset use case consist of, thinking maybe you meant to say single master with multiple slaves, would each slave need to enter a passkey once the function is working correctly.  If this was the question, then yes, I believe you are correct.

boont victorz vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for quick response.
Ok, will look forward to the new release.

Besides about 2nd question, is hello-sensor slave device is BT passkey connected with 4 handset.

I remembered my test before, if 1st handset inputs passkey to connect with hello- sensor, afterwards
it can be auto-on without being requested with passkey input again but the strange thing is, 2nd 3rd or
4th handset try to connect with sensor, i found they dont need to ask for key input at first time attempt.

It seems, they are also asked for key-input as 1st handset, is that right?

0 Likes

I'm suprised that you were able to get the first handset to ask for the passkey.  Were were not able to make this work using Hello_Sensor on SDK 2.1.X, however, with SDK 2.2, it does work.Each additional device you then pair to the central, should then be asked for the same passkey.  The central then stores the pairing information and will not ask during subsequent connections.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, mwf_mmfae,

Dont know is SDK2.2 ready for release or any exact date for the release.
Our product tries to apply for passKey mechanism for the BT access.
BTW, I found in SDK2.1.1, in Hello_Client app, the multi-master connection will be failed at 3rd handset
trying to connect with slave device. But I remember elder SDK didnt have this problem.
Any advice on it? TKS.

0 Likes

SDK 2.2 should be released any day now as it is in SVT now.

Are you saying that your Hello_Client master can only connect to 2 slaves, then fails when connecting to the 3rd slave? Was this asked in another thread at some point?  Sounds familiar.

victorz j.t

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, look forward to the release, thax.

Yes, it only can support 2 clients on with slave device and 3rd one attempt with failure
and disconnection right away. Any known bug in SDK 2.1.1?  I think it should be easy to reproduce
in SDK2.1.1.

TKS.

0 Likes

Take a look at this thread as victorz explains how to manage up to 8 simultaneous slave connections.

Re: will SDK ever support more than 4 simultaneious connections?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is any exact date that SDK 2.2 will be released?

Coz we are now implementing security control and need the passkey mechanism. tkx

0 Likes

I fear providing an exact date because I have been wrong everytime previously that I have done so.

The SDK is in SVK and should be released any day now.

0 Likes