What is the duration of advertisements using blecm_startAdv()?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen threads that discuss the interval for advertisements using blecm_startAdv() but there is no mention about how long the device advertises for every interval. Is it just as long as it takes to transmit all the bytes in the adv packet?

By using bleprofile_Discoverable() we can use the builtin state machine and that has a duration setting but how can we set duration when using blecm_startAdv()?

0 Likes
1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

The duration of the advertisement transmission will be the time required to broadcast the payload and overheads.

Can I refer you to the usage of the blecm_startAdv() in mybeacon.c? 

Is it what you are looking for?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

The duration of the advertisement transmission will be the time required to broadcast the payload and overheads.

Can I refer you to the usage of the blecm_startAdv() in mybeacon.c? 

Is it what you are looking for?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks that's actually what I expected it to be. So since bleprofile_Discoverable() runs a state machine that includes calls to blecm_startAdv(), does bleprofile_Discoverable() just repeatedly make calls to blecm_startAdv() to extend the advertising duration per interval and make use of the "duration" value in the configuration?

0 Likes