WICED Sense Radio Transmission Period

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the stock firmware, I observed that the change in sensor values, in notification mode, is published every 0.2 s. Is the interval configurable or is it a BLE requirement?

0 Likes
1 Solution
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Yes if you see the wiced_sense_cfg  in wiced_sense.c

const BLE_PROFILE_CFG wiced_sense_cfg =

{

/*.fine_timer_interval            =*/ 50, // ms

/*.default_adv                    =*/ NO_DISCOVERABLE, // current sensor is not discoverable

/*.button_adv_toggle              =*/ 0,    // pairing button make adv toggle (if 1) or always on (if 0)

/*.high_undirect_adv_interval     =*/ 32,   // slots

/*.low_undirect_adv_interval      =*/ 1024, // slots

also refer to this for more details : http://community.broadcom.com/docs/DOC-1760

thx

vik86

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Yes if you see the wiced_sense_cfg  in wiced_sense.c

const BLE_PROFILE_CFG wiced_sense_cfg =

{

/*.fine_timer_interval            =*/ 50, // ms

/*.default_adv                    =*/ NO_DISCOVERABLE, // current sensor is not discoverable

/*.button_adv_toggle              =*/ 0,    // pairing button make adv toggle (if 1) or always on (if 0)

/*.high_undirect_adv_interval     =*/ 32,   // slots

/*.low_undirect_adv_interval      =*/ 1024, // slots

also refer to this for more details : http://community.broadcom.com/docs/DOC-1760

thx

vik86

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I am a bit new to the terminology. So, if I want to make the Sense kit notify with higher frequency, should I decrease the adv_interval?

0 Likes

Yes, you got that right.

-vik86

Anonymous
Not applicable

that's not util i add a counter to check the number of sending data every second and it doesn't change (sending sensors data 30 times in  a second ) even after changing adv intervall and the odr frequency !!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bardia, vik86, ahmedhrabi,

if my understanding is correct, the question was not about advertising frequency, but about sensors data polling frequency.

Even after a long time, I add this answer for the new readers searching, not to be confused.

The sensors polling frequency is defined once the connection is established. The master decides how frequently to poll, but the slave can suggest a different polling frequency and the master accepts if within specs.

it is inside the function :

void wiced_sense_connection_up(void)

{

//bleprofile_SendConnParamUpdateReq(64, 96, 0, 500);
bleprofile_SendConnParamUpdateReq(180, 200, 0, 3200);

}

then every time the master polls, this function is run:

void wiced_sense_tx_opportunity_notice(void* context, UINT32 unused)

if you configured slave latency, you can skip some cycles, otherwise you can send the same data without updating the sensors or update them and send every time. Up to your application.

Wassim