Using other USB2UART converters from WICED-Smart-SDK IDE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We are looking into using a Silabs CP2109 to connect to the BCM20732S. The question is now whether we can still use the WICED-Smart-SDK-1.1.0 IDE (Eclipse) and the associated Tools to program the target device, or whether we can easily modify some configuration settings to achieve this.

I hope you can help,

Regards,

K. Timmler

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried it with a cp2109 module from a nearby shop - works straight out of the box. I'm impressed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
asridharan
Employee
Employee
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

As long as the host OS has the drivers for it, the SDK should work with a Silicon Labs part (though we have never tested downloading an app with a SiLabs part). There is nothing in the SDK that is tied to FTDI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would that happen automatically or do I have to configure anything?

0 Likes

There is nothing to configure.  The 732S has a simple UART interface for programming.  Much like the FTDI bridge chip on the evaluation boards, the CP2109 only has to enumerate as a COM port on the host computer for the SDK to see/talk to the target.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried it with a cp2109 module from a nearby shop - works straight out of the box. I'm impressed.