Symbol 'bleapp_pre_init' could not be resolved in sparint.c file

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
latw_2156066
Level 1
Level 1

I downloaded WICED Smart IDE 2.1.1 and followed all the instructions in the Quick Start Guide (WICED-Smart-QSG202) up to page 14 where you double-click the newly created heart_rate_monitor-BCM920737TAG_Q32 download target to build the heart rate monitor application, but the build crashes and I get a "Symbol 'bleapp_pre_init' could not be resolved" error in the sparinit.c file

0 Likes
1 Solution

This looks like the same problem that was reported on Yosemite here: Re: Build Issue on MAC 2.1.1

View solution in original post

0 Likes
18 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I'm assuming you installed the Windows version of the SDK.

Can you double click any of the other make files and successfully load any of them?

Have you checked windows device manager to ensure that the FTDI drivers have installed correctly and the board is recognized when plugged into the PC?

If you need to reistall, the drivers are provided inside of the SDK.  You will have to find them through a DOS window to install.

0 Likes

Thank you for your response.

I have tried all of the other make files that came with the SDK and I get the same error

I also installed the Mac version of the SDK on an Apple MacBook no a Windows PC

I reinstalled the Mac Version of the SDK twice, after deleting all the old files, in case the original installation was corrupted.

Unfortunately, the "Quick Start Guide" did not have information on how to check if the drivers are working properly on an Apple Mac and I was not able to find an information on the Broadcom site either.

I was able to locate that WICED-Smart-SDK/Drivers/ folder, but was not sure which folder amd64 or i386 had the Mac drivers or how to install them

0 Likes

I will ask one of the members of the team with more experience on the Mac to help.

vik86 j.t

0 Likes
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

I tried reproducing and had no issues. Could you kindly provide details related to the mac OS you have and also paste the complete error log.

thnx

vik86

Cut and Paste from Console Screen

14:33:18 **** Build of configuration Release for project WICED-Smart-SDK ****

/Users/peterdeweerdt/Documents/WICED/WICED-Smart-SDK-2.1.1/WICED-Smart-SDK/make heart_rate_monitor-BCM920736TAG_Q32 download

dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE/libperl.dylib

Referenced from: /Users/peterdeweerdt/Documents/WICED/WICED-Smart-SDK-2.1.1/WICED-Smart-SDK/Wiced-Smart/spar/../../Tools/common/OSX/perl

Reason: image not found

dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Perl/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE/libperl.dylib

Referenced from: /Users/peterdeweerdt/Documents/WICED/WICED-Smart-SDK-2.1.1/WICED-Smart-SDK/Wiced-Smart/spar/../../Tools/common/OSX/perl

Reason: image not found

/bin/sh: line 1:   613 Trace/BPT trap: 5       ../../Tools/common/OSX/perl scripts/generatelibinstaller.pl -tc=gcc -tool=../../Tools/ARM_GNU/bin/OSX/arm-none-eabi-objdump ../../build/heart_rate_monitor-BCM920736TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/spar_setup.o ../../build/heart_rate_monitor-BCM920736TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/heart_rate_monitor.o ../../build/heart_rate_monitor-BCM920736TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/sparinit.o > ../../build/heart_rate_monitor-BCM920736TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/lib_installer.c

make[1]: *** [../../build/heart_rate_monitor-BCM920736TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/lib_installer.c] Error 133

make[1]: *** Deleting file `../../build/heart_rate_monitor-BCM920736TAG_Q32-rom-ram-Wiced-release/lib_installer.c'

make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `base'.  Stop.

make[1]: *** [../tier2/brcm/mandatory/bld//patch.symdefs] Error 2

make: *** [heart_rate_monitor-BCM920736TAG_Q32] Error 2

14:33:18 Build Finished (took 312ms)

0 Likes

Information on Mac OS

Operating System

OX X Yosemite

Version 10.10.1

Computer

MacBook Pro

2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

0 Likes

Run>Debug History>WICED debug

Exception occurred during launch error

exception error during launch.png

0 Likes

Run>Debug History>WICED Smart debug

Errors exist in the active configuration of project "WICED-Smart-SDK". Proceed with launch?

error exists in active config.png

0 Likes

This looks like the same problem that was reported on Yosemite here: Re: Build Issue on MAC 2.1.1

0 Likes

Note that this will be resolved in the 2.2 release of the SDK.

Let us know if this fixes the issue.

vik86

0 Likes

I tried to create the Symlink as suggested in the "Build Issue on MAC 2.1.1" but I am getting a "No such file or directory" error on the MAC Command Line prompt.

Please see copy and paste from MAC Command Line below

Do you know when version 2.2 of the SDK will be released?

Last login: Tue Dec  2 11:04:32 on ttys000

Peters-MacBook-Pro-2:~ peterdeweerdt$ ln -s /usr/bin/perl Tools/common/OSX/perl

ln: Tools/common/OSX/perl: No such file or directory

Peters-MacBook-Pro-2:~ peterdeweerdt$ ln -s /usr/bin/perl ~/Tools/common/OSX/perl

ln: /Users/peterdeweerdt/Tools/common/OSX/perl: No such file or directory

Peters-MacBook-Pro-2:~ peterdeweerdt$ ln -s /usr/bin/perl ~/Documents/WICED/WICED-Smart-SDK-2.1.1/WICED-Smart-SDK/Tools/commonOSX/perl

ln: /Users/peterdeweerdt/Documents/WICED/WICED-Smart-SDK-2.1.1/WICED-Smart-SDK/Tools/commonOSX/perl: No such file or directory

Peters-MacBook-Pro-2:~ peterdeweerdt$ ln -s /usr/bin/perl ~/Documents/WICED/WICED-Smart-SDK-2.1.1/WICED-Smart-SDK/Tools/commonOSX/perl

ln: /Users/peterdeweerdt/Documents/WICED/WICED-Smart-SDK-2.1.1/WICED-Smart-SDK/Tools/commonOSX/perl: No such file or directory

Peters-MacBook-Pro-2:~ peterdeweerdt$

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello larry,

Sorry to repeat myself, but this link talks about using the correct Perl version:

Re: Build Issue on MAC 2.1.1

This did NOT help you?

Thanks

JT

0 Likes

The location you are trying to run the commands is different. You should go to the WICED SDK folder location on the terminal and try these commands.

thnx

vik86

0 Likes

The Windows version of the SDK hides these tools within the following folder: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\WICED\WICED-Smart-SDK-2.1.0\WICED-Smart-SDK\Tools\common\OSX

I'm guessing that if you click open the Tools\common\OSX folder above, they will be inside.

vik86

0 Likes

I was trying to implement the recommendation in the "Build Issue MAC 2.1.1" but I can't get the SymLink command (ln -s) to work and I am getting a "No such file or directory".

I Included a screenshot of my directory structure above to show the path to the "Tools/common/OSX" folder

Could the issue be with the first part of the SymLink command or the "/usr/bin/perl" ? since I was not able to locate this directory on my MAC

0 Likes

I was able to get the SymLink command to work and will now try another build with the Broadcom SDK

Peters-MacBook-Pro-2:users peterdeweerdt$ cd

Peters-MacBook-Pro-2:~ peterdeweerdt$ ls

5.14.14 10.01 AM.pklg Downloads Pictures

5.14.14 10.02 AM.pklg Dropbox Prezi

Applications Google Drive Public

Conferencing Library WICED

Desktop Movies

Documents Music

Peters-MacBook-Pro-2:WICED peterdeweerdt$ cd ~/documents/WICED/WICED-Smart-SDK-2.1.1/WICED-Smart-SDK

Peters-MacBook-Pro-2:WICED-Smart-SDK peterdeweerdt$ ln -s /usr/bin/perl Tools/common/OSX/perl

Peters-MacBook-Pro-2:WICED-Smart-SDK peterdeweerdt$

0 Likes