Segger J-Link debugger alternative

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I know WICED Smart doesn't have JTAG interface, debugging is done through an SWD interface. The debugger you've recommended is Segger J-Link.

A customer is asking if there is an alternative to Segger J-Link (a cheaper one). Do you know any other?

Best regards,

Tiago

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Per the comments at the bottom of the Help Article here: WICED Smart J-Link Debugger

It seems that any debugger could be setup in theory to work, but we have only tested using the model shown in the link above.

I believe others have used the lower cost versions of the J-Link models here with success: SEGGER - The Embedded Experts for RTOS and Middleware, Debug Probes and Production Programmers

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Per the comments at the bottom of the Help Article here: WICED Smart J-Link Debugger

It seems that any debugger could be setup in theory to work, but we have only tested using the model shown in the link above.

I believe others have used the lower cost versions of the J-Link models here with success: SEGGER - The Embedded Experts for RTOS and Middleware, Debug Probes and Production Programmers

0 Likes