Power-on speed too slow.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

===

SDK: 2.2.1

Tag: 920737.

app: hello-sensor based APP firmware.

OTA firmware size ~ 18KB.

===

Description:

Our device meet a problem that we implement a power deep sleep mechanism and then
push button to power-on it again. But at next wake-up, it still goes power-on hello_create() init procedure.
However, we measurement the power-on time to see LCM power-on icon is too slow, approximately near

3 sec.

Does new SDK solve this problem or any other approach to solve this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received
0 Likes
6 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Check out these threads.. It seems that 3s is not that bad....

Boot Time of WICED Smart Tag Board (BCM20737)

Wake up time from sleep/deep sleep

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi boont

We measure in our sys time, after button wake-up to get LCM icon words where we put icon write to LCM in
hello_sensor_create() and once after I2C init, it takes about 4~5sec to get that word.
It may be not common and rational to user. Is any possible newer SDK to improve this or any possibility
to have customer build at lower SDK side to do the plot after wake up. Then it may solve the current problem
our testing report. TKS.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Boont,

From nsankar

he suggests us to modify BCM20737A1.cgs with adding below,

ENTRY "I2C Speed"

{

"Speed" = "400 KHz" or 800K/1M.

}

to increase power-on speed by using SDK2.2.1.

After testing, it seems it's workable to reduce 1~2sec, however, from previous investigation
with BrCM, the delay is due to some SDK buffering for loading patch/codes. It seems
there is a conflict after using I2C modification. Any idea about it?

So is it ok for us to configure it like that?

0 Likes

No issue at all, our datasheet also specified 400KHz as one of the supported speeds.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Boont,

Thanks, so we will configure 400K as the init setting and
after app. FW gets the hand, we will re-tune it lower for I2C-compatible devices.

However, based on 400K setting, boot time is still around at 2~3 sec by checking.
From nsankar

he estimates at 1 sec (no buffering at all now?) and can we try to reduce to near 1s?

0 Likes

I think the communication is that the boot-time can be reduced by 1s to 2s, and not the boot-time "is" 1s.

nsankar

0 Likes