Maximum RF dBm input for BCM20732 -?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiTo_1583836
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi all,

The specification for the BCM20732 lists the Receiver RF Maximum input @-10dBm. This is a pretty low value. What would be the max "Maximum input" value? I am looking at the maximum power the chipset can take without being destroyed. This is not in the datasheet currently and I am wondering if someone can share some values.

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

I confirmed with the manufacture of the module that the AMR has been validated in the lab to be -10dBm.

This is the maximum value.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Was your question answered over here as being -10dBm?  BCM20732 SOC Data Sheet

Hi shawn antol,

No this is not the value I am looking for. I am currently on page 32 on the BCM20732 datasheet. I see under the receiver section a line with: Maximum Input: -10dBm as Min. I am looking at the maximum value that we can expose the chipset to. -10dBm is the lower value, what about the maximum value? What is the maximum power in dBm the chipset can take during reception without being destroyed?

Let me know if not clear,

0 Likes

I confirmed with the manufacture of the module that the AMR has been validated in the lab to be -10dBm.

This is the maximum value.

0 Likes
MiTo_1583836
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

We understand that the maximum input guaranteed by Broadcom is -10dBm based on the factory test and the datasheet.

Some more investigation can be done to detect the saturation point. We can setup a testing environment with a RF signal generator and the target board. We can start to expose the chipset to a RF signal that is below -10dBm and increase the power little by little. The chipset would run an application that is expecting specific/well-known packets regularly. If we can analyze the PER based on the power of the RF signal we may start to see a PER increasing at some point. This would probably give another measure point to when the chipset is entering the saturation point.