JustWorks pairing example on BCM20736S

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaCo_2181666
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hi all,

I'd like to implement a JustWorks pairing procedure without bonding on my BCM20736S peripheral (no input no output capability). I know that it may be recommended to lower the TX power until pairing is done, and set it back to normal level upon pairing: is this achievable with Wiced SDK (I mean, any pairing callback to implement where to change TX power)?

Moreover, how to mark as "authenticated access needed" some Read and/or Write characteristics with JustWorks pairing?

Please, is there any Wiced example to have a look into? I need just basic hints and SDK APIs to be used for my purpose.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Sabino

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Sabino,

A: For Just works pairing :

Please recheck if below points are taken care in your project :

1. /*.encr_required                  =*/ 1,   // In BLE_PROFILE_CFG , this field should be enabled

2. If peer device is not initiating pairing process, call  lesmp_sendSecurityRequest(); function in your BLE connection call back function.

You may refer to hello_sensor , hello_client examples available in WICED SMART SDK

B: For Tx power :

Use the APIs blecm_setTxPowerInADV (during advertisement )blecm_setTxPowerInConnection (during connection ) for setting the desired Tx power . Tx power range details are available here : Power level granularity in blecm_setTxPowerInConnection() and blecm_setTxPowerInADV()

C: how to mark as "authenticated access needed" 

You need to set the property label in the GATT DB as per application requirement. Please refer to Reference link 3

Please also refer:

1. WICED Smart User's Guide

2.  https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an220929-getting-started-ez-ble-wiced-module...

3. How to Write WICED Smart Applications

4. WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 1.x and TAG2 Board)

Thanks,

Anjana

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi Sabino,

A: For Just works pairing :

Please recheck if below points are taken care in your project :

1. /*.encr_required                  =*/ 1,   // In BLE_PROFILE_CFG , this field should be enabled

2. If peer device is not initiating pairing process, call  lesmp_sendSecurityRequest(); function in your BLE connection call back function.

You may refer to hello_sensor , hello_client examples available in WICED SMART SDK

B: For Tx power :

Use the APIs blecm_setTxPowerInADV (during advertisement )blecm_setTxPowerInConnection (during connection ) for setting the desired Tx power . Tx power range details are available here : Power level granularity in blecm_setTxPowerInConnection() and blecm_setTxPowerInADV()

C: how to mark as "authenticated access needed" 

You need to set the property label in the GATT DB as per application requirement. Please refer to Reference link 3

Please also refer:

1. WICED Smart User's Guide

2.  https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an220929-getting-started-ez-ble-wiced-module...

3. How to Write WICED Smart Applications

4. WICED Smart Quick Start Guide (SDK 1.x and TAG2 Board)

Thanks,

Anjana

Hello Anjana,

Thanks for your reply. I gave a look to hello_sensor , hello_client examples and found a way to perform a JustWorks pairing with an App.

Regards,

Sabino