How to use ChipLoad.exe to read out data in EEPROM from CYW20736S?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use ChipLoad.exe to read out data in EEPROM from CYW20736S?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Chipload does not read out data from the eeprom. In fact, it is the very last stage of the downloading process in which it writes the properly formatted app code into the eeprom.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Adding btta

You may find this link useful: Programming the TAG2/TAG3 Board using command line tools

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing the link and poking btta, mifo

I read the link you share but there was no information about reading EEPROM.

0 Likes

Chipload does not read out data from the eeprom. In fact, it is the very last stage of the downloading process in which it writes the properly formatted app code into the eeprom.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, btta.

The chipload.exe has a option parameter -VERIFY.

VERIFY is an optional parameter that forces verification of the bytes REGARDLESS of what is specified in the BTP file (overriding the BTP setting)

Since chipload.exe reads bytes when verification, I thought that it may be able to be used to read out data from the eeprom in certain way.

Despite of chipload.exe, is there anyway to read out data from the eeprom?

I created another question thread so that people can find it more easily: Is there any way to read out data from the eeprom in CYW20736S without corrupting the data?

Hope you can help. Thanks.

0 Likes

VERIFY in this sense does indeed reads back from the eeprom and compares it with the intended image using CRC so as to determine the downloaded image in the eeprom is correct. This is done during the downloading process and it is not a separate piece of executable code.

If you are referring to a scenario in which you want to retrieve the binary image inside a eeprom, then you will need third party tools.

Usually, if we think the eeprom is corrupted, we will do a recovery process and re-burn the image.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, btta.

0 Likes